AuthorTopic: RIP: russell means  (Read 6276 times)

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: RIP: russell means
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 02:41:54 AM »
Surly "Read more by following the link above-- great stuff."

Thanks Surly, Great stuff indeed, what a wonderful brilliant person. Ashamed to say I knew so little about him until your vivid introduction; as you are fond of saying Surly, this is the kind of stuff that brings many of us to the Diner.

So what you read here is not what I've written. It's what I've said and someone else has written down. I will allow this because it seems that the only way to communicate with the white world is through the dead, dry leaves of a book. I don't really care whether my words reach whites or not. They have already demonstrated through their history that they cannot hear, cannot see; they can only read (of course, there are exceptions, but the exceptions only prove the rule).

Above are the "WORDS" of Russell Means written by another.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 04:22:03 AM »
RE sez--
Russell identified correctly that Marxism was just the Flip Side of the coin of Capitalism, and really no better a Mythology to pursue as a culture.  He also identified correctly that European Philosophy basically overwhelmed all the other cultures which did not have the same Acquisitive, Greedy tendencies which people raised in such cultures believe are "immutable" aspects of Human Nature.  The Sinful Nature of People that the Christians hold as Fundamental Truth.  It is not so, it is not Fundamental, it is Cultural.  We took a wrong path with Ag, and this resulted in a culture which rewards EVIL.  It is not a fundamental aspect of Human Nature though, and Russell Means saw that and spoke of it.

People like Means are dangerous to the status quo because they challenge not just a belief system, but the underlying prremises, as you correctly describe.

As you know, I've been working on an article about how we know what we think we know, which is a time consuming slog. Am thinking Russell Means needs to be a part of that somehow...
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly now, love mercy now, walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it."

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 05:02:35 AM »
As you know, I've been working on an article about how we know what we think we know, which is a time consuming slog. Am thinking Russell Means needs to be a part of that somehow...

Yes I know.  In this place we can find some common ground between Peace and Vengeance.  As you write,  I would ask you to remember that final scene in Last of the Mohicans.  Russell as Chingachicook took NO PRISONERS of course.  He IDENTIFIED the GUILTY (Magua) and he made him PAY the ultimate price.

IMHO, so it must be DONE.  The guilty must PAY here, the Ultimate Price.  :icon_mrgreen:.

RE
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 05:06:43 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 05:13:42 AM »
I have to confess I had never heard of him until last week, although I had watched last of Mohicans so many years ago, hardly remember. A very true philosophy in his assessment of all european materialism, and a true guerrilla hero. Just as that famous American Indian saying that; Only when the white man has shot the last buffalo and cut down the last tree will he realise he cant eat money.

Greed and acquisition are not natural within a lot of aboriginal cultures. There are a lot of semi traditional australian aboriginals who just have to share whatever they have, they just can not say no. Of course the biggest problem then is alcoholism, so those who lose everything on drinking drain the meagre resources of those who dont.

Fijians are very generous, if you say as a compliment "I like your shirt", they will give it to you and be very insulted if you dont take it. NZ maoris paractice that if you have something and someone else is better at using it than you you give it to them.

I think being nomadic helped the cause of not being greedy because you only keep what you can carry, also when there are not any great variety of possessions, gathering more than a few of anything is fairly pointless. It seems logical Mettalurgy and Pottery changed that for a start.

ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 05:35:52 AM »

Yes I know.  In this place we can find some common ground between Peace and Vengeance.  As you write,  I would ask you to remember that final scene in Last of the Mohicans.  Russell as Chingachicook took NO PRISONERS of course.  He IDENTIFIED the GUILTY (Magua) and he made him PAY the ultimate price.

IMHO, so it must be DONE.  The guilty must PAY here, the Ultimate Price.  :icon_mrgreen:.

RE

That seems to be taking care of itself, Im hoping the dirtpoor dirtfarmers and tribesmen can carry on as always with next to no money. Everyone attached to materialism and lifestyle will not give it up for anything rough or remote and go down with it until the very last. Those who dont live for the lifestyle can see where its heading and work out a way to get out. The Silver spoon set will eventually be done in by their own goons in their own bunkers when their assholeishness gets unbearable and paying them off off for protection stops working when theres nothing anywhere worth buying.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Mark N

• Global Moderator
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 08:55:14 AM »
Thanks to everyone who commented on Russel Means a true American hero. I am saddened by his loss but I feel proud that I have come to view the world very much like this obviously enlightened man.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 01:44:17 PM »
The Silver spoon set will eventually be done in by their own goons in their own bunkers when their assholeishness gets unbearable and paying them off off for protection stops working when theres nothing anywhere worth buying.

Bob, am thinking you should have been here for the Pol Pot posts and discussions. When the Conduits fail, and the Illuminati/Top Doggies convince their goons that they are to join them within the charmed circle of bunkers, what means of control will they really maintain?

Absent electricity, operating water and sewage systems, and electricity, you will see all of the trappings of civilization come off in a trice. We've seen it before in the 20th century, and we're seeing it again right now in the person of the Dronemaster-in-Chief.
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly now, love mercy now, walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it."