AuthorTopic: The Daily Meme  (Read 265480 times)

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Re: The Daily Meme
« Reply #2190 on: March 01, 2019, 09:57:43 AM »

Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
This, as absurd as it sounds, perfectly describes our world today.
« Reply #2191 on: March 01, 2019, 10:18:57 AM »

I read this the other day (a comment on ZH, of all places!). It basically explains why the thinking of the average CAPITALIST in the USA, though oh, so very "reasonable", is our doom.

Satan is reasonable.

He starts with the assumption that we're worthless and unworthy and he's right. He also hates the fact that in spite of this we've been placed in a position superior to him.

So it's entirely reasonable that he hates us.

Everything he does is reasonable.

Reasonable people might even come to the conclusion that killing a vast majority of the earths population is good for them.

That's a reasonable assumption.

Reason is not going to free you; it will enslave you.

Mostly because there has to be a higher purpose to life, because if there is not, then your reason is different from another person's reason and the only reconciliation likely to occur is one of you going away.

That's entirely reasonable.

Live and let live is a strategy which fails right when it's needed most.

It's not reasonable to refuse to fight, it's more reasonable to simply scheme and plot and destroy your enemy from behind the scenes it's less dangerous that way.

This, as absurd as it sounds, perfectly describes our world today. Reason was there through the entire thing.

Agelbert NOTE: Reasonable behavior, though often quite rational, is economically, environmentally and socially destructive when it eschews ethical constraints.

It is reasonable, when your unethical=CAPITALIST GOAL is Profit Over People and Planet, to pretend that ethical behavior is for the "weak willed".

Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline Surly1

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #2192 on: March 02, 2019, 11:07:46 AM »
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #2193 on: March 14, 2019, 05:05:48 PM »
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #2194 on: March 14, 2019, 08:51:57 PM »

ZE next step in ze FotoEinkaufen process will to change the hats to rot and the coats to blau.  Fake Insignien representing golf clubs can dub over insignias.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Surly1

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #2195 on: March 16, 2019, 06:53:36 PM »

Offline Surly1

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #2196 on: March 17, 2019, 07:15:09 PM »

Offline Surly1

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #2197 on: March 18, 2019, 02:16:57 AM »

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #2198 on: March 18, 2019, 02:27:11 AM »

Thoughts and prayers, WTF.

Do the math.  Never mind.  I did for you.  In the photo of my blog in progress.  The number works out to 5000.

http://chasingthesquirrel.com/
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: March 18, 2019, 02:49:31 AM »

Do the math.  Never mind.  I did for you.  In the photo of my blog in progress.  The number works out to 5000.

Are you going to submit it for publication on the Diner?

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #2200 on: March 18, 2019, 10:00:32 AM »

Are you going to submit it for publication on the Diner?

RE

I'm just whipping stuff out once a week in my blog within a blog to get a dozen or so regular visitors dropping by so when I launch my 'clusterfuck' the action will happen right away.  It is no more than a long comment I write here.  Hardly Diner worthy.  A bigger reason I wrote it is to give existing visitors something new once a week.  I could just be like everybody else (I'm not talking Diners) and get a fancy-ass WordPress template, write a puff piece, post it, cross post it, and not do anything else for six months or a year.  We all know how it sucks to go to a blog and see everything is months or years old.  I've done that sort of thing myself which is why I know better.

I linked what I wrote because it was germane to the thread.  Actually writing it was a 'task' and part of writing my blog code.  A pleasant task but that is what it was.  If you want to cross post I can send you the text from the blog database but I don't want to just send it without you actually wanting it because I'll have to proof it one more time since at least two typos are staring me in the face and driving me nuts.

Cross posting in the Diner is something I'll do when I'm up and running because then I'll actually want my dog droppings seen by as many eyes as possible.  Now my weekly schedule is only for diehard fans.  I think I have 2.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: March 18, 2019, 10:11:57 AM »
I'm a fan of your example if not always a fan of everything you write. Count me in. I like your bicycles a lot. I want one.

E-bikes getting pretty common in NYC, from what I saw. Perfect for the urban landscape, if not for here.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.