Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Research reveals da Vinci's genius may have been partly due to eye condition

Leonardo da Vinci may have had an eye condition that gave him an unusual ability to recreate three-dimensional shapes in his sculptures and paintings, according to new research.

Professor Christopher Tyler, of City, University of London, has discovered evidence that the great Italian artist had a vision disorder known as strabismus.

With this condition, a person’s eyes appear to be pointing in different directions, with only one eye being used to process the visual scene at any one time.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-10-reveals-da-vinci-genius-partly.html
Surly Newz / Re: The Daily Meme
« Last post by Surly1 on Today at 02:19:33 PM »
I think you understand that our interests and deference to Saudi Arabia is not something that hinges on His Trumpness.....but yeah, the Saudis are used to smoothing out the rough spots caused by their genocidal tendencies, with stacks of cash. It's always worked before.

When they start using Yuan, then the equation changes. Until then, Saudi princes are fairly untouchable, as far as justice goes.

It looks to me like they (the USMIC) are trying to get Salman Jr. up to speed on mass killing, so he can replace Saddam Hussein as our point man on conquering Iran. He gets the new oil fields to replace his rapidly depleting ones, and we get to buy the oil at a price we like, until it's gone.

How's that for a Faustian bargain?

I think you have it pegged. They'll just have to remove all those troublesome Shi'a.
Far Out Newz / Re: WOO-WOO NEWZ Ed.
« Last post by azozeo on Today at 02:17:40 PM »

The battle raging at the highest levels of world power is reaching a climax of sorts, with an ongoing operation to take down the governments of Israel and Saudi Arabia and end their control of the petrodollar system, multiple sources agree.  The so-called murder of Nazi Muslim Brotherhood agent and Washington Postcolumnist Jamal Khashoggi at the Saudi Arabian consulate in Turkey was staged to provide cover for this ongoing operation, the sources add.

“This is all about the financial survival of certain countries (Israel, Saudi Arabia, and the bankrupt U.S. Corporation),” a CIA source explained.

The overall story as told by CIA, Mossad, Japanese intelligence, and Pentagon sources is as follows:  Saudi Crown Prince and de facto head of state Mohammad bin Salman (MBS) was shot and killed in April and replaced with a body double.  The people controlling the body double then had their funds frozen in retaliation, with the Khashoggi incident as cover.  Now, the satanic Khazarian governments of Israel and Saudi Arabia are fighting for their lives.

So the real reason all the big corporations and government ministers cancelled their planned visits to this week’s “Saudi Arabian Davos” investment forum is because the flow of money they were hoping would be poured in their direction has been cut off.

“The global boycott of Saudi Arabia escalates, as Goldman Sachs is forced to stop sending Dina Powell and Germany’s Deutsche Bank, and Japanese banks MUFG and Mizuho join the party,” was how Pentagon sources described the situation.

“This appears to be a plan to end the petrodollar, the Israeli-Saudi axis of evil, and the fountainhead of terrorism, as many things converge to collapse the old financial system so the new Quantum Financial System and Global Currency Reset can be launched,” the sources add.

Confirmation of this can be found in reports that U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin cancelled his planned visit to the Saudi investment forum and will now instead visit Saudi Arabia to attend a “terrorist financing” meeting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/21/us/politics/steven-mnuchin-saudi-arabia-khashoggi.html

CIA sources also say “Khazarian war criminal Netanyahu is about to take the fall for something big that he is involved with.  The U.S. is pulling the plug.  Too much pressure is being put on Trump and others very close to him.”  We assume this will be Netanyahu’s involvement with the 9/11 and Fukushima mass murder terror attacks.

We will get back to the Saudi Arabian troubles later in this report, but first we need to explain why the situation in Japan, North Korea, and China is the ultimate reason for the chaos in the Middle East.  Members of the cabinet of Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and Manchu royals both contacted the White Dragon Society (WDS) last week to explain what was really going on.  In essence, the Bank of International Settlements (BIS), the central bank for central banks, was given strong warnings to cut off the Zionist/Satanic Rothschild family “or else,” the sources say.

As a result, the control of the existing global financial system has changed hands.  The Manchu royals say the Rothschilds never controlled more than 8% of the world’s gold.  Now the Asian secret societies and the U.S. military-industrial complex have agreed to …

https://benjaminfulford.net/
« Last post by Surly1 on Today at 02:17:37 PM »
I mean education. You can learn almost anything you want to know these days on utoob, or by direct research on the net, as far as that goes.  And it goes pretty far, with Khan U. and sites like that.

And public education in the US, for all its faults (and there are many) is so much better than what people had in the historical past, or have in some other places now. There is SOME content in public education. It's there for those who want it. If nothing else, it puts you in possession of a decent library card, in most schools.

But those who need educating the most, the so-called at risk kids, manage to avoid getting much out if it. I know it ain't fun. I remember hating it. But I also remember facts I learned there....algebra, shit like that. And I was far less than motivated.

That wasn't clear to me. Text lacks nuance. Have you ever gotten under the hood of Khan Academy? It's really amazing.

And ditto on the Utoob. It's a sure cure for a lifetime of enforced slackery. I use for "how-to" all the time.

As for kids in the education system today, I am several generations removed from having any understanding of what's on their mind, their motivations, etc. Time was it would be getting high and getting laid. And as Rabbi Hillel once said in a far different context, "All the rest is commentary." All I know is what I can see. When my daughter was coming up, I tried to tell her that she was coming of age in a much tougher school than I did, and she would have to be aware of her need to learn and fight for the opportunity. Because the system wasn't interested in whether she learned or not, no mayyer how well meaning the teachers;) it was interested in her as an opportunity for reimbursement for funding. That didn't take in high school... but she eventually caught fire.

I can understand how kids could survey the world of adults and get overwhelmed, and say in effect, "whatthefuck?" And then think only of  getting high and getting laid. Lather, rinse, repeat.
« Last post by Eddie on Today at 02:16:42 PM »
I think you understand that our interests and deference to Saudi Arabia is not something that hinges on His Trumpness.....but yeah, the Saudis are used to smoothing out the rough spots caused by their genocidal tendencies, with stacks of cash. It's always worked before.

When they start using Yuan, then the equation changes. Until then, Saudi princes are fairly untouchable, as far as justice goes.

It looks to me like they (the USMIC) are trying to get Salman Jr. up to speed on mass killing, so he can replace Saddam Hussein as our point man on conquering Iran. He gets the new oil fields to replace his rapidly depleting ones, and we get to buy the oil at a price we like, until it's gone.

How's that for a Faustian bargain?
Far Out Newz / Paid Protestors ***YOUR BUSTED***
« Last post by azozeo on Today at 02:14:16 PM »
Paid protesters? They’re real — and a Beverly Hills firm that hires them stands accused of extortion in a lawsuit

Paid protesters are a real thing.

Crowds on Demand, a Beverly Hills firm that’s an outspoken player in the business of hiring protesters, boasts on its website that it provides its clients with “protests, rallies, flash-mobs, paparazzi events and other inventive PR stunts.… We provide everything including the people, the materials and even the ideas.”

The company has hired actors to lobby the New Orleans City Council on behalf of a power plant operator, protest a Masons convention in San Francisco and act like supportive fans and paparazzi at an L.A. conference for life coaches.

But according to a lawsuit filed by a Czech investor, Crowds on Demand also takes on more sordid assignments. Zdenek Bakala claims the firm has been used to run an extortion campaign against him.

Bakala has accused Prague investment manager Pavol Krupa of hiring Crowds on Demand to pay protesters to march near his home in Hilton Head, S.C., and to call and send emails to the Aspen Institute and Dartmouth College, where Bakala serves on advisory boards, urging them to cut ties to him. Bakala alleges that Krupa has threatened to continue and expand the campaign unless Bakala pays him $23 million.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-crowds-extortion-20181021-story.html
Far Out Newz / The new science of inner speech
« Last post by azozeo on Today at 02:10:06 PM »

When Aldous Huxley, Dying of Cancer, Left This World Tripping on LSD, Experiencing “the Most Serene, the Most Beautiful Death” (1963)

The “spiritual adepts” of Tibet’s modern period, writes Huston Smith in his comprehensive introduction to the Bardo Thodol, or “The Tibetan Book of the Dead”, “were inner-world adventurers of the highest daring, the Tibetan equivalent of our astronauts—I think it is worth coining the term ‘psychonaut’ to describe them. They personally voyaged to the furthest frontiers of that universe which their society deemed vital to explore: the inner frontiers of consciousness itself, in all its transformations in life and beyond death.”

Western modernity—its energies focused entirely on shaping, subduing, and expropriating the material world—did not begin to take such complex inner journeys seriously until the 20th century. When it did, it did so largely through the popular influence of pioneers like Aldous Huxley and Timothy Leary, who introduced the inner journey through a syncretism of Eastern spirituality, Indigenous religious practices, and psychotropic drug use—something of an accelerated course to the frontiers of consciousness for those who had failed for so long to investigate its limits.

http://www.openculture.com/2018/09/aldous-huxley-dying-cancer-left-world-tripping-lsd-experiencing-serene-beautiful-death-1963.html
Far Out Newz / Re: Space Truckin'
« Last post by azozeo on Today at 02:02:54 PM »
Far Out Newz / Re: Space Truckin'
« Last post by azozeo on Today at 02:01:36 PM »
ISU Space Education

http://www.isunet.edu/

« Last post by Surly1 on Today at 02:01:21 PM »

You're journalist. You'd get the irony better if you were Yemeni.

No kidding. I'd also get starvation, cholera, typhus, and then dead pretty quickly.
I've been posting articles about the immorality of the war in Yemen for months, especially in the DDD. This is the first instance that anyone here gave a shit.
Moreover, out there in meatspace, NOBODY gives a flip about Yemen, even at MSNBComcast.

But in related news, Trump says he has 'no financial interests in Saudi Arabia.' But his businesses have made millions from the Saudi government, and the crown prince gave his New York City hotel a huge boost.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-saudi-arabia-financial-interests-ties-hotel-bookings-sales-2018-10

Trump doesn't invest in Saudi, so when he says "he has no investments" there, it's true. The Saudis invest in him.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10