Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Seasteading / Re: Seastead of the Day
« Last post by RE on Today at 07:21:47 PM »

Dead man's boat. This one is probably bought already, at this price (6K). Looks fast and seaworthy, but neglected.

https://houston.craigslist.org/boa/d/39-cc-northeast-sailboat/6565048721.html

Houston location.  Why don't you buy that one?  It's even cheaper than that other dead man's boat.

RE
Seasteading / Re: Seastead of the Day
« Last post by Eddie on Today at 07:16:14 PM »

Dead man's boat. This one is probably bought already, at this price (6K). Looks fast and seaworthy, but neglected.

https://houston.craigslist.org/boa/d/39-cc-northeast-sailboat/6565048721.html
The Diner Pantry / 🐦 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 4/19/2018
« Last post by RE on Today at 07:00:24 PM »
Today we're visiting the Fowl Family for Doomer Dinner, Pidgeons!  :icon_sunny:  You can think of them like a really skinny Doom Chicken.

The main thing I don't like with hunted birds is they are usually downed with a shotgun.  Makes for a very messy corpse.  If you can nail one with your sling though, this is the way to go.  You would have to be really good though to hit one moving through the air, like Ayla was able to do in Clan of the Cave Bear.  Easier to get if it is sitting on a branch or pecking at seeds you throw out on the ground as bait.

RE

First let's clean tonight's meal

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sde85XJpj1E" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sde85XJpj1E</a>

Now let's EAT!

Thyme infused Pigeon Breast with Medlar & Red Wine

See?  Doomer foods don't HAVE to be gross.  ;D
Doomsteading / Re: C5 Walks into a Diner...
« Last post by RE on Today at 06:41:37 PM »
I'm with RE on this.  The main problem with respect to collapse is community.

I'm working on a new article on this topic.

RE
« Last post by David B. on Today at 06:35:56 PM »
Well I'm in Canton Mississippi, in my sleeper at a Loves after a 550 mile day which ended in the delivery of a 33,500 pound coil (which is light, the last one was 48,000).  I just read this entire thread.  Lot's of meat on this here bone, and I drank 3 Abita "Andygator" beers while I was at it (on my fourth now...they are 8% and I don't drink like I used to). 

I was thinking Bamboo before Eddie brought it up, specifically "Arrow Bamboo," or Pseudosasa Japonica.  It's of no use to C5 though cause it requires a temperate climate.  However, he could grow pachymorphic (clumping) bamboo from the genus Fargesia.  It's from the Himalayas and so has no problem with extreme cold.  Three days of 95 degrees (Fahrenheit) will kill it.  Most of the fargesias grow about 8 feet tall and around 6 to 8 feet in diameter (the family of canes).  They are around .25 to .50 inches in diameter.  Basically bamboo is not an answer for C5...he's already got his pussy on it.  However, Eddie could definitely grow some Boo, and watering it is only necessary for the first couple of months. 

As I read C5's description of Willow's ecological uses it was as if I was reading about temperate bamboo. 

Also, when I read his advice that the most important object to buy for teotwawki was a ladder, I thought of bamboo.  He said he made a ladder but it was too heavy (I imagine he used wood).  Japanese fire fighters traditionally used bamboo ladders.  Keiji actually taught me how to build a bamboo ladder with bamboo canes and cordage.  Bamboo is hollow, unlike wood, and so it's lite (or is it light?). 

C5 reminds me of me before I took to truckin'.  Fuckin' money...

I agree with just about everything I've read that he's written on this thread.  Community is definitely the most important aspect with respect to thriving in a post petroleum reality.  Murika is fucked due to this.  We don't have community, or much culture.  What culture we have is mostly Native, Mexican, and black.  Whites in Murika have anti-culture and Jeebus and that's about it.  Blacks will be cordial enough to whites, now, when BAU is operating, but I see the reality there.  At least in the south...there is a large percentage of blacks that would love to see the whites become the new niggers.  I learned while I was getting kicked out of the USN that the blacks are great under oppression.  Whites lose their fuckin' marbles under oppression, or massive hardship.  Not all whites.  I'm white.  I won't loose my marbles.  There are plenty of hard ass whites that can make it through the bottleneck.  I digress. 

Community...that's what is important for post petroleum survival.  We have no community (well with exception to the Mennonites and Amish).  The petroleum stops and Murika stops.  Lot's of people will die en masse.  How do you prepare for that?  I've come to realize that the best you can do is prepare for that eventuality psychologically.  Sure, you can do what C5 if proposing (and you should).  You should especially stock up on non-perishable foods and learn some permaculture.  As in, practice some permaculture with respect to plants, and learning to plant and care for them.  Perennials are best.  Bamboo can take care of most all of our needs.  It's an entire culture...at least it can be in a temperate climate.  It can be everything from child entertainment (children love all things bamboo...as do chickens...it's their natural habitat after all) all the way to entire buildings, and it's also food (highest protein count of any vegetable on the planet). 

I'm with RE on this.  The main problem with respect to collapse is community.  That has to happen before teotwawki.  Hippie ecovillages aren't gonna make it IMO.  They are worried about lee lines and faeries.  Zombies will be worried about feeding their broods (and themselves) come collapse.  They won't have a problem bustin' caps in asses until the caps are gone.  So whatever "community" that will survive will have to have no problem bustin' caps in asses.  This has long been my problem with the permaculture community.  They want to smoke weed and hug each other while playing guitar.  That's cool, I'm all for that, but I'm also aware of the ubiquity of guns in my anti-culture. 

One last thing, before I drop the mic and run over it with my tractor trailer. 

C5 never mentioned physical health and fitness.  I'd argue that it's more important to be able to do a lot of push ups, pull ups, and sit ups then it is to own a ladder (which a zombie crack head can steel...).  I imagine C5 has failed to mention this because when one lives the way he lives being fit just happens.  I know, I experienced it myself.  I was in the best shape of my life a couple years after resigning from the Matrix and permaculturin' it up.  Then I quit smokin' weed and started driving a truck for money.  I gained 50 pounds.  Now I've developed a flatbed trucker road work out routine.  I work out daily and often on the road.  I work out on my flatbed trailer because there is no piss on it.  Watch for me, and you'll likely see me on any given interstate rest area doing push ups and sit ups on my flatbed.  I also do pull ups on the trailer.  I've recently bought a pair of running shoes and plan to start running (when I can find places that don't smell like piss to run at). 

My point is that next to food, being in shape is of the utmost importance for survival in a post petroleum world.  Community is the most important aspect...but community is non-existent in Murika.  Community is fucked in Murika. 

Lastly, Bamboo is the most useful plant to our species on this planet.
Fitness is crucial. As said best in the much underrated Zombieland... sorry I can't embed...
! No longer available
« Last post by RE on Today at 06:31:27 PM »
Four wisdom teeth at once is a tall order.

Nah.  My Mex Dentista pulled 20 of my teeth in one session.

RE
Far Out Newz / Re: ***YOUR BUSTED***
« Last post by Surly1 on Today at 05:46:22 PM »
Quote from: AZ
For example, predators such as Jimmy Saville and Jerry Sandusky managed to get away with their crimes for decades by using this strategy.

As I detailed in an article last week, there have been many cases in recent history where establishment figures have been caught up in child prostitution rings but quickly had the story swept under the rug. From the Franklin prostitution ring to the DynCorp and Halliburton human trafficking scandals, powerful people who put themselves in charge of protecting children, have been guilty of rampant sexual abuse.

I first became aware of this sort of thing with the Franklin story broke, and I read awful lot about it. In the time since then, the Jerry Sandusky case broke all over the place as well. No one should be surprised that there are widespread networks of criminals delivery of children to sick fucks. The scale of this activity and how widespread it is is incredibly disheartening.

I tend to take this really seriously as the husband of someone who was sexually abused as a child. Anyone who steals a child’s innocence and childhood from them deserves their own Circle of Hell. And note carefully how so many of these abusers wrap them selves in the mantle of “helping children” by “delivering services to needy and underprivileged children.” Bastards.

I knew where those kids were winding up that made the milk cartons back in 2011.
Naturally my reynolds aluminum hat was on a little tight in those days according to some folks.
NOW in the "me-too" era it's game on !

Not just "me-too", AZ. Let's not forget the immense amount of pressure, bribery and assassination, character and otherwise, brought to bear on those investigating Franklin.

Remember Ted Gunderson? The former FBI agent stumbled onto child slave actions with Saudi connections and was promptly labeled a conspiracy theorist and fitted for his own foil hat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Gunderson

Your hat wasn't on too tight; there was a huge amount of story suppression going on. Decent people don't want to admit or hear of it; indecent people have sufficient money, connections and power to kill a story.
This shit has been going on for years, and everywhere but Comet Pizza.
« Last post by luciddreams on Today at 05:45:39 PM »
Well I'm in Canton Mississippi, in my sleeper at a Loves after a 550 mile day which ended in the delivery of a 33,500 pound coil (which is light, the last one was 48,000).  I just read this entire thread.  Lot's of meat on this here bone, and I drank 3 Abita "Andygator" beers while I was at it (on my fourth now...they are 8% and I don't drink like I used to). 

I was thinking Bamboo before Eddie brought it up, specifically "Arrow Bamboo," or Pseudosasa Japonica.  It's of no use to C5 though cause it requires a temperate climate.  However, he could grow pachymorphic (clumping) bamboo from the genus Fargesia.  It's from the Himalayas and so has no problem with extreme cold.  Three days of 95 degrees (Fahrenheit) will kill it.  Most of the fargesias grow about 8 feet tall and around 6 to 8 feet in diameter (the family of canes).  They are around .25 to .50 inches in diameter.  Basically bamboo is not an answer for C5...he's already got his pussy on it.  However, Eddie could definitely grow some Boo, and watering it is only necessary for the first couple of months. 

As I read C5's description of Willow's ecological uses it was as if I was reading about temperate bamboo. 

Also, when I read his advice that the most important object to buy for teotwawki was a ladder, I thought of bamboo.  He said he made a ladder but it was too heavy (I imagine he used wood).  Japanese fire fighters traditionally used bamboo ladders.  Keiji actually taught me how to build a bamboo ladder with bamboo canes and cordage.  Bamboo is hollow, unlike wood, and so it's lite (or is it light?). 

C5 reminds me of me before I took to truckin'.  Fuckin' money...

I agree with just about everything I've read that he's written on this thread.  Community is definitely the most important aspect with respect to thriving in a post petroleum reality.  Murika is fucked due to this.  We don't have community, or much culture.  What culture we have is mostly Native, Mexican, and black.  Whites in Murika have anti-culture and Jeebus and that's about it.  Blacks will be cordial enough to whites, now, when BAU is operating, but I see the reality there.  At least in the south...there is a large percentage of blacks that would love to see the whites become the new niggers.  I learned while I was getting kicked out of the USN that the blacks are great under oppression.  Whites lose their fuckin' marbles under oppression, or massive hardship.  Not all whites.  I'm white.  I won't loose my marbles.  There are plenty of hard ass whites that can make it through the bottleneck.  I digress. 

Community...that's what is important for post petroleum survival.  We have no community (well with exception to the Mennonites and Amish).  The petroleum stops and Murika stops.  Lot's of people will die en masse.  How do you prepare for that?  I've come to realize that the best you can do is prepare for that eventuality psychologically.  Sure, you can do what C5 if proposing (and you should).  You should especially stock up on non-perishable foods and learn some permaculture.  As in, practice some permaculture with respect to plants, and learning to plant and care for them.  Perennials are best.  Bamboo can take care of most all of our needs.  It's an entire culture...at least it can be in a temperate climate.  It can be everything from child entertainment (children love all things bamboo...as do chickens...it's their natural habitat after all) all the way to entire buildings, and it's also food (highest protein count of any vegetable on the planet). 

I'm with RE on this.  The main problem with respect to collapse is community.  That has to happen before teotwawki.  Hippie ecovillages aren't gonna make it IMO.  They are worried about lee lines and faeries.  Zombies will be worried about feeding their broods (and themselves) come collapse.  They won't have a problem bustin' caps in asses until the caps are gone.  So whatever "community" that will survive will have to have no problem bustin' caps in asses.  This has long been my problem with the permaculture community.  They want to smoke weed and hug each other while playing guitar.  That's cool, I'm all for that, but I'm also aware of the ubiquity of guns in my anti-culture. 

One last thing, before I drop the mic and run over it with my tractor trailer. 

C5 never mentioned physical health and fitness.  I'd argue that it's more important to be able to do a lot of push ups, pull ups, and sit ups then it is to own a ladder (which a zombie crack head can steel...).  I imagine C5 has failed to mention this because when one lives the way he lives being fit just happens.  I know, I experienced it myself.  I was in the best shape of my life a couple years after resigning from the Matrix and permaculturin' it up.  Then I quit smokin' weed and started driving a truck for money.  I gained 50 pounds.  Now I've developed a flatbed trucker road work out routine.  I work out daily and often on the road.  I work out on my flatbed trailer because there is no piss on it.  Watch for me, and you'll likely see me on any given interstate rest area doing push ups and sit ups on my flatbed.  I also do pull ups on the trailer.  I've recently bought a pair of running shoes and plan to start running (when I can find places that don't smell like piss to run at). 

My point is that next to food, being in shape is of the utmost importance for survival in a post petroleum world.  Community is the most important aspect...but community is non-existent in Murika.  Community is fucked in Murika. 

Lastly, Bamboo is the most useful plant to our species on this planet.   

Marathon Man Newz / Re: The Potfolio
« Last post by Eddie on Today at 05:30:06 PM »
Hmmm. That's very interesting.
Far Out Newz / Re: ***YOUR BUSTED***
« Last post by azozeo on Today at 05:21:26 PM »
Quote from: AZ
For example, predators such as Jimmy Saville and Jerry Sandusky managed to get away with their crimes for decades by using this strategy.

As I detailed in an article last week, there have been many cases in recent history where establishment figures have been caught up in child prostitution rings but quickly had the story swept under the rug. From the Franklin prostitution ring to the DynCorp and Halliburton human trafficking scandals, powerful people who put themselves in charge of protecting children, have been guilty of rampant sexual abuse.

I first became aware of this sort of thing with the Franklin story broke, and I read awful lot about it. In the time since then, the Jerry Sandusky case broke all over the place as well. No one should be surprised that there are widespread networks of criminals delivery of children to sick fucks. The scale of this activity and how widespread it is is incredibly disheartening.

I tend to take this really seriously as the husband of someone who was sexually abused as a child. Anyone who steals a child’s innocence and childhood from them deserves their own Circle of Hell. And note carefully how so many of these abusers wrap them selves in the mantle of “helping children” by “delivering services to needy and underprivileged children.” Bastards.

I knew where those kids were winding up that made the milk cartons back in 2011.
Naturally my reynolds aluminum hat was on a little tight in those days according to some folks.
NOW in the "me-too" era it's game on !

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10