Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Geopolitics / Re: Global Systemic Geopolitical Crisis
« Last post by Eddie on Today at 03:40:42 PM »
One thing you can be sure of is that I'm not brainwashed by anybody. I go to some lengths to avoid it. I know more about brainwashing than most people, and there isn't anything you can teach me on that subject. Save your references.

And my world view doesn't give a rat's ass how rich Putin is, but I'm persuaded he's fairly well off by the standards of most people. It this is not true, I'd be happy to be corrected. What do you think? That he's a tireless public servant, working for a pittance? Like say, the Pope? He has taken a vow of poverty, no? Who does that fool?

You tend to sort people who disagree with you occasionally into the mindless idiot group. Makes it hard to have any kind of discussion, rational or otherwise.
Surly Newz / Re: The Daily Meme
« Last post by RE on Today at 03:29:02 PM »
To keep all guns and knives out of schools, they could use the same techniques as they do for airports - screen all pupils and their baggage at the entrance.  Of course there is no need for anyone to have an AR-15, but I think there are going to be some VERY disenchanted pupils when this march/protest fails to make a democratic difference.

The shooters don't necessarily go inside the school buildings.  They shoot people out in the open of the campus around the school.

What is most likely to occur here is that after the March on Washington they'll pass some kind of bill for better background checks to pacify the crowd.  They might even raise the minimum age to buy a gun to 21.  Said background checks and minimum age will not do very much to stop another shooting from taking place.

The Demodopes will make political hay out of this in the coming elections, saying the Repugnants aren't protecting the children.  This may help a few more Demodopes to get elected.  If they get a majority in CONgress, they'll try to pass some still more stringent rules, but short of confiscating weapons already out there, a dedicated shooter is always going to be able to get his hands on a gun by either legal or illegal means.

What's the answer for the individual?  Really, as a Kollapsnik you should know.  It's to GTFO of Dodge.  These shootings all happen at urban and suburban HS and Colleges.  Go live in a rural area and have your HS age kid do her studies online to get her HS Equivalency Degree.  Don't even bother with college, that is a total waste of fucking time and money now.  If you are rich like Eddie, she can learn to raise honeybees and mangalitsa piggies on your Doomstead.  If you are not rich, she can go out WWOOFing, or work at a gig job living in your basement until she has enough money to buy a beat up old sailboat, fix it up in the backyard, and then get even FURTHER TFO of Dodge.  She can sail it to join PY in the Tropical Rainforest.

RE

« Last post by RE on Today at 02:59:57 PM »
They rebuilt the building Joe Stack flew into. Looks brand new. I think maybe the IRS moved though. (Maybe to a bunker?)

Clearly good for the economy in Austin!  Think of all the construction jobs Joe provided!  :icon_sunny:

RE

Broken window fallacy. You sound like Paul Krugman.

PK is my HERO!  lol.

I was being facetious.  ::)

RE
« Last post by Palloy2 on Today at 02:53:38 PM »
Mr Putin is reputed to be worth as much as 200 billion, which makes him one of the richest, if not the richest man in the world.  You can find references on that in many, many places.

Since no one in the west (or even in Russia) would have ANY means of finding out what he's "worth", I would start from the position that the west has lots of media, which is all into anti-Putin propaganda.  You have been brainwashed by it all, and agree with it because it suits your worldview.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pfo5gPG72KM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Pfo5gPG72KM</a>

"90% of US troops in Iraq thought Saddam had something to do with 9/11."
Surly Newz / Re: Doomstead Diner Daily
« Last post by Palloy2 on Today at 02:40:22 PM »
I just clicked DDD for the first time.  It takes over 7 minutes to load, mostly because of all the giffy items, its still loading at 12 minutes. Won't click it again, like Dinner Specials and anything AZ or AG.
« Last post by Palloy2 on Today at 02:23:19 PM »
To keep all guns and knives out of schools, they could use the same techniques as they do for airports - screen all pupils and their baggage at the entrance.  Of course there is no need for anyone to have an AR-15, but I think there are going to be some VERY disenchanted pupils when this march/protest fails to make a democratic difference.

A hardly worth mentioning, but today's news is that in Australia a 12 year old shot a 5 year old in the face with a rifle that wasn't locked away.

http://www.news.com.au/national/queensland/news/father-grandfather-of-boy-who-was-accidentally-shot-charged-by-police/news-story/e24ffe5de03f8ac57dbfb7ab7c34290e
THE father and grandfather of a five-year-old boy, accidentally shot in the face by his 12-year-old cousin in Queensland in January, have been charged by police.

Police believe the older child got the unsecured rifle from a shed on a rural property in Cottonvale before accidentally shooting his relative on January 5.

The boy was flown to Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital for two rounds of surgery to remove the bullet from his face.

The victim’s 29-year-old father was charged with one count of unlawful possession of a weapon while the boy’s 63-year-old grandfather was charged with one count of failing to secure a weapon, Queensland Police told AAP.

Both men are due to appear in the Warwick Magistrates Court on March 28.
« Last post by Eddie on Today at 01:48:30 PM »
I would expect a kangaroo court anyway, if I came on trial. That's how sedition trials work. And there are many tribunals in the world today where guilt is presumed. I'd invite you to visit a Texas State Board of Dental Examiners license revocation hearing. Doctors are usually presumed guilty, of whatever.

We little people can only view the real elites via SOME form of media. Mr Putin is reputed to be worth as much as 200 billion, which makes him one of the richest, if not the richest man in the world. You can find references on that in many, many places. He must be very savvy financially to have parlayed his $133K salary into that kind of money. Don't you think?

Miracle of compound interest, no doubt.
« Last post by azozeo on Today at 01:39:05 PM »
They rebuilt the building Joe Stack flew into. Looks brand new. I think maybe the IRS moved though. (Maybe to a bunker?)

Runnin' the books for the mob ain't what it's all cracked up to be anymore.
Far Out Newz / Re: ***YOUR BUSTED***
« Last post by azozeo on Today at 01:36:22 PM »
Surly,
Thanks for being a fan of this thread....

Something with a little less shoe-shit (say that 5 times fast after a snoot full)  :icon_sunny:

http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-israel-corruption-arrests-20180218-story.html

« Last post by Palloy2 on Today at 01:32:16 PM »
Eddie: Putin was a Lt. Colonel in the KGB.

Yes, 29 years ago under a completely different political system system. 
Are all Russians to be assumed to be communists like they all were 29 years ago?

He's managed to accumulate vast wealth, and he does whatever he needs to to crush his rivals and detractors ...

How did you discover his wealth? - by reading the NYT?

Do I think he okayed some dirty tricks during the election? Yes, probably.

I'm glad I would not be judged by my DD peers come the revolution.  You seem to have no concept of innocent until PROVED guilty.  Don't forget, your courts will be trying you all for sedition at some stage in the future.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10