Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Moar backlight!

Can you diagram out how I should be positioning my backlighting?

RE

Not really, because I can't even SEE your backlight. Your key light is too hot:

the asparagus is very nicely lit by whatever light you have going in the foreground. If you can't adjust the key light's intensity, move it back.
A good rule of thumb is to place your backlight 180 degrees from your key. Those two lights and a reflector and you ought to be good to go.

backlight
                   X

scene

X
          reflector

X
                                      key light

Where is the camera in that diagram?

RE
Knarfs Knewz / Re: Knarf's Knewz Channel
« Last post by edpell on Today at 07:14:40 PM »
The Jesus movement was never against the rich. It simply ignored them.

Go and bring a miracle, accept the meal you are offered. 

Moar backlight!

RE

Not really, because I can't even SEE your backlight. Your key light is too hot:

the asparagus is very nicely lit by whatever light you have going in the foreground. If you can't adjust the key light's intensity, move it back.
A good rule of thumb is to place your backlight 180 degrees from your key. Those two lights and a reflector and you ought to be good to go.

backlight
                   X

scene

X
          reflector

X
                                      key light

Moar backlight!

RE
The Diner Pantry / Re: 🥘 The Cooking Zone: Birth & Development
« Last post by RE on Today at 06:18:32 PM »
  Have a guess as to what that innovation is.  ;D  Hint:  What Scene in Children of Men is most famous and what is it most famous for?  Anyone who guesses this one right wins a Diner Kewpie Doll.  ;D

RE

The single take car chase attack scene where "blood" hits the lens?

Good guess, but no.

RE

Then my guess would be the scene where Clive Owen goes outside with a coffee, and the cafe blows up. BUT I DOUBT YOU'RE GOING TO BLOW UP YOUR KITCHEN!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VJivXSErhB8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VJivXSErhB8</a>

Nope not that one either.

I would put up the answer tonight, but I have already dropped on enough Cooking Vids for one day here on the Diner.

Anyone else wanna take a stab at this?  I will put up the scene from Children of Men as well as my own vid tomorrow to answer this bruning question.  You have until then to earn your Kewpie Doll.

RE
The Diner Pantry / Re: 🥘 The Cooking Zone: Birth & Development
« Last post by Surly1 on Today at 06:06:04 PM »
  Have a guess as to what that innovation is.  ;D  Hint:  What Scene in Children of Men is most famous and what is it most famous for?  Anyone who guesses this one right wins a Diner Kewpie Doll.  ;D

RE

The single take car chase attack scene where "blood" hits the lens?

Good guess, but no.

RE

Then my guess would be the scene where Clive Owen goes outside with a coffee, and the cafe blows up. BUT I DOUBT YOU'RE GOING TO BLOW UP YOUR KITCHEN!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VJivXSErhB8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VJivXSErhB8</a>
I decided that the Diner 7th Anniversary FEAST wouldn't be complete without a Veggie Side Dish to accompany the Surf & Turf.  The Veggie of Choice is Asparagus, the traditional choice for a Surf & Turf, usually served with Hollandaise Sauce.  Asparagus also happens to be my favorite Veggie.  :icon_sunny:

This also gave me an opportunity to work on my Still Photography skills with Food, along with the Videography.  Here's the Asparagus Raw, getting ready for the Cook:

click the pic to enlarge
Asparagus Raw
Asparagus Raw

I'll be going over principles for properly cooking Asparagus in an upcoming episode of the Cooking Zone.

How am I doing with the lighting Surly?

RE

Moar backlight!

But Love your choice of asparagus!
Diner Anniversary Party Board / Diner 7th Anniversary Salad: The Full Prep
« Last post by RE on Today at 05:51:45 PM »
Awesome Salad.  I actually finished half the bowl at one sitting.  I changed over to Caesar Dressing though.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QUfvwJ4m3r4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QUfvwJ4m3r4</a>

RE
I decided that the Diner 7th Anniversary FEAST wouldn't be complete without a Veggie Side Dish to accompany the Surf & Turf.  The Veggie of Choice is Asparagus, the traditional choice for a Surf & Turf, usually served with Hollandaise Sauce.  Asparagus also happens to be my favorite Veggie.  :icon_sunny:

This also gave me an opportunity to work on my Still Photography skills with Food, along with the Videography.  Here's the Asparagus Raw, getting ready for the Cook:

click the pic to enlarge
Asparagus Raw
Asparagus Raw

I'll be going over principles for properly cooking Asparagus in an upcoming episode of the Cooking Zone.

How am I doing with the lighting Surly?

RE
Doomsteading / Re: The Adapters Movement 1 - In Four Parts
« Last post by Nearingsfault on Today at 04:23:08 PM »
 Getting by without a job, for instance is a tricky trade-off not many people can do yet. I'd love to shit-can mine, but it pays well. And I have a skill set I need to keep going, because it might be valuable on the other side of collapse anyway.
[/quote]
In a nut shell that is why I'm playing with solar as well. Most of our clients are collapse blind but there are a few nuggets in the lot. Plus it really is impossible to get and maintain this knowledge without doing it everyday. It pays the bills...
I agree this was my favourite segment of the lot. I'll be sending some links around to friends, who knows maybe some of it will stick better than my dinner party rantings.

Cheers...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10