PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Greatest Athletes

AuthorTopic: Greatest Athletes  (Read 3150 times)

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Chef
    • View Profile
Greatest Athletes
« on: July 15, 2013, 06:39:59 AM »
Secretariat out in front of the pack by 33 Lengths at 756.

RE

What a horse! The Class! Number One!

A bit of trivia.   

They did an autopsy on  this magnificent race horse and found that he had a most unusually large heart. A one in 10 miliion freak of nature.

Many vets had suspected something like it because of his awesome speed and power. 

He was one of the only horses to be buried in a wooden casket and given a gravestone as well as a tribute to his greatness as a Race Horse. Big Red a legend in the Racing Industry.   

Big Red Secreteriat
Big Red Secreteriat

Secretariat's Grave
Secretariat's Grave

Golden Oxen

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Greatest Athletes
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 06:43:55 AM »
I saw Secretariat run at Belmont.   :icon_mrgreen:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 06:59:11 AM »
I am Languishing at 175 Doomfans on the Guillotine Podcast. :(

Guy McPherson still doing Secretariat out in front of the pack by 33 Lengths at 756.

Nobody thinks they are going to get a visit from the FBI for listening to Guy McPherson. LOL  :icon_mrgreen:

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 07:06:15 AM »

Guy McPherson still doing Secretariat out in front of the pack by 33 Lengths at 756.

Nobody thinks they are going to get a visit from the FBI for listening to Guy McPherson. LOL  :icon_mrgreen:

ROFLMAOPIMP.

I think what I gotta do here is some Repositioning and put MY podcasts at the top of the page!

Admin.  Power of GOD on a Blog & Forum. :icon_mrgreen:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 07:27:13 AM »
I saw Secretariat run at Belmont.   :icon_mrgreen:

RE

Lucky, I wished I had.  The greatest horse I ever saw in the flesh was Dr. Fager. He broke the track record at Rockingham Park that day and it still stands. He was no slouch either, tough as nails.

Dr. Fager's Race Record
Year    Starts    Wins    Seconds    Thirds    Earnings
Lifetime    22    18    2    1    $1,002,642

Dr Fager Cowdin
Dr Fager Cowdin

Golden Oxen

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 07:51:23 AM »

ROFLMAOPIMP.

I think what I gotta do here is some Repositioning and put MY podcasts at the top of the page!

Admin.  Power of GOD on a Blog & Forum. :icon_mrgreen:

RE

You might also try placing a FREE next to yours and 5.00 dollar charge PayPal button next to the others as a way to increase your readership dear DM.   :laugh: :laugh: ;D ;D :exp-laugh: :exp-laugh:
Golden Oxen

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 07:53:42 AM »
The greatest horse I ever saw in the flesh was Dr. Fager.

I never saw Dr. Fager run.  The only other Great Horse I ever saw in the flesh was John Henry, at Saratoga.

His final race record stood at 83 starts, 39 wins, 15 seconds, and 9 thirds with $6,497,947 in earnings. He was twice voted the Eclipse Award for Horse of the Year in 1981 and 1984, of which his 1981 election is notable in that it remains the only one whereby the victor received all votes cast for that award.

John Henry ran a LONG time.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 08:10:56 AM »

You might also try placing a FREE next to yours and 5.00 dollar charge PayPal button next to the others as a way to increase your readership dear DM.   :laugh: :laugh: ;D ;D :exp-laugh: :exp-laugh:

Good idea!

I could also offer Bonus Coupons, if you listen to one of mine first, then you get to listen to one additional Collapse Star Podcast free.  :icon_mrgreen:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 08:39:16 AM »
BTW RE, I did get around to reading your podcast, some days ago now. I wrote a comment that disappeared when I tried to post it. When that happens I always have a hard time taking the effort to write another. Words do not flow out of me the way they do from some people.

The only ones I'm not up-to-date on now are part of Tvrberg's stuff and Gypsy Mamas podcast. Hopefully I'll catch up with those soon.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 09:17:47 AM »
Secretariat out in front of the pack by 33 Lengths at 756.

RE

What a horse! The Class! Number One!

A bit of trivia.   

They did an autopsy on  this magnificent race horse and found that he had a most unusually large heart. A one in 10 miliion freak of nature.

Many vets had suspected something like it because of his awesome speed and power. 

He was one of the only horses to be buried in a wooden casket and given a gravestone as well as a tribute to his greatness as a Race Horse. Big Red a legend in the Racing Industry.   

Greatest. Horse. Ever.

Athlete of the Century? Either Big Red or Ali in a tie.
"We can either have democracy in this country or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." -  Louis Brandeis

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 09:36:00 AM »
Greatest. Horse. Ever.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZfGgjyqCuvc&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZfGgjyqCuvc&fs=1</a>
Golden Oxen

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 12:34:12 PM »
Greatest. Horse. Ever.

I vote for Vitaly Scherbo

Vitaly Venediktovich Scherbo (or Shcherbo) (Russian: Виталий Венедиктович Щербо, Belarusian: Віталь Венядзіктавіч Шчэрба), born 13 January 1972 in Minsk, Byelorussian SSR, is a Belarusian and former Unified Team and Soviet artistic gymnast. One of the most successful gymnasts of all time, he is the only male gymnast ever to have won a world title in all 8 events (Individual All-Around in 1993, Team in 1991, Floor in 1994, 1995 and 1996, Horizontal Bar in 1994, Parallel Bars in 1993 and 1995, Pommel Horse in 1992, Rings in 1992, Vault in 1993 and 1994). He was the most successful athlete at the 1992 Summer Olympics, winning 6 of 8 events - team, all-around, and 4 of 6 event finals.

and Nadia Comaneci

Nadia Elena Comăneci (Romanian pronunciation: [ˈnadi.a koməˈnet͡ʃʲ]; born November 12, 1961) is a Romanian gymnast, winner of three Olympic gold medals at the 1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal and the first female gymnast to be awarded a perfect score of 10 in an Olympic gymnastic event. She also won two gold medals at the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow. She is one of the best-known gymnasts in the world.[1][2][3] In 2000 Comăneci was named as one of the athletes of the century by the Laureus World Sports Academy.[4]
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 12:41:08 PM »
I forgot about Nadia, was she ever something. My mother thought she was going to become a famous movie star and followed her life around in those woman's magazines the ladies read. She tried to do something again in later life, I forget what, but was a real star and international celebrity after that stunning performance.
Golden Oxen

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 12:54:56 PM »
Just musing back over competitions from the past on account of your posting RE and came up with the chess wizard Bobby Fischer. Something about that kid always fascinated me, wasn't his chess game, too dense to understand it,  but he was a very unique type of person.

Something tells he was a true genius like many say about him. Didn't live a very happy life I guess. He stared someone down in a match once I remember without making hardly a move. The poor bastard walked away from the table in tears and a rage.

1971 bobby fischer
1971 bobby fischer

BF
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 01:15:33 PM by Golden Oxen »
Golden Oxen

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 12:56:45 PM »
I forgot about Nadia, was she ever something. My mother thought she was going to become a famous movie star and followed her life around in those woman's magazines the ladies read. She tried to do something again in later life, I forget what, but was a real star and international celebrity after that stunning performance.

Nadia married Bart Connor.  They own Bart Connor Gymnastics Academy in Norman, OK.  They remain pretty big celebrities inside the gymnastics world.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN