AuthorTopic: Message from the CJCS  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Ka

• Global Moderator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Message from the CJCS
« on: August 19, 2016, 02:56:30 PM »
(From a Winkyleaks hack of the personal computer of the CJCS)

Super Ultra Top Secret Burn Before Reading Message from the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to Select Top Brass of the US Armed Forces

Much as we all like the present situation where after we retire we can get cushy well-paid jobs as military consultants to multi-national corporations, I think we all know that this situation cannot continue, due to having reached the limits to growth, and those corporations requiring growth to --er-- keep growing, which they must do to stay in existence. This goes for the whole national and global economies. And so I think we all need to consider what to do to carry out what our real job is supposed to be, namely to preserve as a functional entity the United States of America. This means formulating a decades-long transition plan to turn the populace from a bunch of greedy whiners addicted to oil and private property and hugely complex production and distribution networks into a decentralized loose network of more or less self-reliant and environmentally sustainable communities. In this message I won't be going into what that future will be like, but rather on the immediate steps we need to take to make it possible.

As we all know, the current governing of this country rests on the three-fold power structure of corporations, politicians, and ourselves. The corporations control money, we have the guns, and the politicians make it all legal, with the corporate-controlled media keeping the populace in line. So clearly, what we need to do is to take the corporations out of the loop, since they are the only ones that need economic growth. To do this, I propose that you all be ready with your favorite politicians to react in the following way at the next financial meltdown.

- Be sure to make it a complete meltdown. That is, tell the pol's that this time there will be no bail-outs. Instead we let the financial system fail completely, so there is no money circulating, and so economic activity comes to a halt.

- Make sure you have good contacts with National Guard units and police departments, so you are ready to step in quickly to quell riots over empty shelves, when the politicians declare martial law.

- Be ready with legislation to
 - nationalize all financial institutions that have FDIC accounts. Of course these accounts are all frozen, but we don't want people to think the money is just gone, even though it is.
 - nationalize all major media outlets. Be ready with propaganda to place the blame for all this on corporations.
 - authorize the military to oversee the production and distribution of food and other providers of necessities, such as utilities, gas and diesel refining and distribution, telecommunications, healthcare. "Overseeing" basically means telling the managers and employees of all the companies involved to keep doing their jobs, at the point of a gun if necessary, with the promise that they will get paid just as soon as a new money system is implemented (see below).
 - Close all military bases in the Eastern Hemisphere. Henceforth the reach of the US military will be restricted to North America, though we may want to extend that to Central, or Central and South America, and possibly to West Africa. More discussion is needed on this. Clearly we need to control Canada's oil, but it might be that trying to control Nigeria's and Angola's will not be feasible. But for sure, we will need to plan our energy future without MENA and FSU oil.

Beyond this point I'm afraid I can't be definite on what is possible. So what I am proposing is what I think is feasible and -- with the proper propaganda push -- can be made acceptable to the populace, given that they have just gotten the scare of their lives from the financial/economic meltdown.

The new monetary system will be 100% fiat, completely controlled by the US Treasury (not banks and the Fed, the former being nationalized, and the latter history). All adults will get a Basic Income, enough to buy necessities, plus some fraction of that for dependents.

The companies that we have been overseeing to keep necessities flowing are all nationalized, their employees becoming government employees (their stock and bond holders getting bupkis). Government employees get the Basic Income plus some extra. This extra can be spent on private enterprises -- crafts, better quality locally grown food, or what have you. In other words, more money keeps being created, which can be used to develop non-government businesses. These will need to be well-regulated, e.g., to make sure they aren't environmentally or socially harmful. One thing to do is not allow corporations as legal entities at all.

State and local governments become branches of the federal government. After all, they have no money, so what else can they do. If there are some local jurisdictions that think they can go it alone with just minimal connection elsewhere -- have enough community cohesion and local resources that they think they can survive through barter or their own money, by all means let them be, even offer police protection. After all, that's what we want to happen everywhere eventually, so they can serve as prototypes.

The national debt is of course history, since the monetary systems it was based on, in the US and elsewhere, have disappeared.

The only income of the government is what people pay for the products and services of government-owned businesses. The only expense of the government is employee salaries. No taxes, no government contracts. To limit corruption we may need to make the financial accounts of all government employees public records. There is also the problem of making sure government employees do the work they are being paid for. Suggestions on this are welcome.

Private ownership of cars will be phased out. It can't be immediate because too many need cars to get from home to job. What I suggest is that the government offer some sizable percentage of a car's worth (say half), with the promise that that percentage will decrease as time goes on. In this way, local governments can acquire cars to serve as shared taxis while they get public transportation in shape for a future of no private cars. Of course no new cars will be built.

All land and buildings become government property. To make this palatable, rents paid will be made roughly equal to what was being paid in property taxes, plus sales and income taxes, all of which go away. Of course many own property as investments and for income from rents, but them's the breaks.  We'll probably need to make self-employed plumbers, electricians, roofers, etc. government employees, since the gov't is now responsible for maintenance. Ok, ok, there are a zillion details to be worked out to make all of this happen. What I suggest is that you all get involved on doomer websites where people have been thinking about post-collapse issues, see if maybe some wiki can be set up to work out these details -- of course keeping your military status to yourselves.

By the way, doomer sites seem to be split between left and right-wing types. Forget about the right-wing types, all they care about is armed protection of their pitiful fantasies of self-sustaining ultra libertarian compounds. Perhaps we should consider allowing them some area in which they can  (post-collapse) play out their fantasies, say northern Idaho and western Montana. Just a thought. The left-wing sites have some good ideas for life down the road (permaculture, localization, etc) but that's not our immediate concern. Though we should coopt them in the short term as part of the propaganda program -- i.e., give the populace something to look forward to decades down the road.

So what do you all think? Can it be done, or is our only post-collapse future spending the rest of our lives keeping people in FEMA camps, or ourselves in bunkers?

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Message from the CJCS
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 03:15:27 PM »
Not buying this is a true hack of the CJCS.

Looks more like a Doomer wrote it and attributed it to the CJCS.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Ka

• Global Moderator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 04:28:24 PM »

RE

I was going to reply "Would Winkyleaks lie to you", but then it occurred to me that there just might be a Winkyleaks, so I googled it. There is (one of them about Henry Winkler). So I hereby notify all and sundry that it wasn't them that hacked the CJSC. It must have been the Russians.

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 05:43:52 PM »

I'm afraid I have to agree....

and I say I'm afraid because this pretty much corresponds to my "best-case" scenario -- far from ideal, mind you -- but one that has more than an infinitesimal chance of succeeding, as long as it is already being contemplated by the higher ups in the US military.

If this were a Presidential candidate's platform, I would be stumping for them as hard as I could.
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 05:50:33 PM »

RE

Did you?  I see certain stylistic correlations.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 06:02:19 PM »

RE

LOL.  No, not my work.  But I would have written it if I thought of it first!  :icon_mrgreen:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Palloy

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • https://palloy.wordpress.com
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 07:33:25 PM »

Nah, virtually no Gonzo-isms, bad language and LOLs.
The odd thing is, searching "Super Ultra Top Secret Burn Before Reading Message from the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to Select Top Brass of the US Armed Forces" only gives one hit - the Diner.
The State is a body of armed men

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 09:49:56 PM »

My Signature!  :icon_mrgreen:

The odd thing is, searching "Super Ultra Top Secret Burn Before Reading Message from the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to Select Top Brass of the US Armed Forces" only gives one hit - the Diner.

That is weird.  :icon_scratch:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 10:00:22 PM »

I took a random sentence out of it and did not get any hits at all.  We can take that as proof of authenticity.  The document has been effectively suppressed.  Only the men in black can make things disappear so well.

The lack of LOLs leaves RE in the clear.  From which we can deduce Obama is behind it all!

« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 10:04:34 PM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 10:01:23 PM »
That is weird.  :icon_scratch:
The Doomstead Diner, now the exclusive home for Winkyleaks!  ;) ::)
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....