AuthorTopic: Eco-psychopathy: Our culture’s psychopathic attitude to nature.  (Read 218 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile

cocide: When a Psychological Disorder Becomes Normal

November 9th, 2018

By Steve Taylor, Ph.D.

Guest writer for Wake Up World

Eco-psychopathy: Our culture’s psychopathic attitude to nature.

For me, the most symbolic and significant political struggle (amongst many) taking place in the U.S. in recent times has been the fight to stop the Dakota Access pipeline running close to the the Standing Rock Reservation. This conflict is significant because it exemplifies a condition which I call “ecopsychopathy.” There are around 200 hundred classified forms of mental illness, and this is one I would like to add to the list. Ecopsychopathy can be described as a “lack of empathy, connection or sense of responsibility to the natural world, resulting in its abuse and exploitation.”

https://wakeup-world.com/2018/11/09/ecocide-when-a-psychological-disorder-becomes-normal/
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind