AuthorTopic: Larry Elder On Racism In America  (Read 4762 times)

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Larry Elder On Racism In America
« on: March 03, 2019, 07:18:45 PM »
I was debating whether to even post this, because I know it won't be well received.......but then, right at about the the 24 minute mark, this best selling black author says the exact same thing I've been saying here about the Democratic Party since I figured out why Trump won.  So I had to post it.

The entire interview is so full of the kind of truth the world needs to hear that I'm surprised somebody hasn't taken him out to shut him up. It's quite remarkable. He gets the false narrative completely, and he cites a lot of data to back up his POV.

I'm sure left leaning Diners will waste no time on mounting a "JP attack." Prepare to cut and paste. Whatever you do, don't consider for a minute that he might be right.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mk5_i9t3iOU&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mk5_i9t3iOU&fs=1</a>

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Larry Elder On Racism In America
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 07:51:55 PM »
Unlike the other people who post political pieces here, I don't have to pretend this guy gets it all right. I just think he gets a lot of it right. He gets some of it wrong, and I'm not going to let that pass without mention.

The shortcomings of the left won't be solved by American blacks becoming Republicans. Betsy DeVoss is an abomination. His love of the Republican party is his blind spot, imho.

I found myself disagreeing on his support for school vouchers, and I certainly think Donald Trump is a racist....not that he doesn't have qualities that are FAR worse than racism, that bother me a lot more..

But I think the public schools do suck, and I can get why an inner city black parent might want to get their kid into a better school. That part I do get.

On the whole, I think he's more right than wrong, and those who lean left would do well to listen to his critique of the Democratic party, because it's spot on.  And I think his take on racism is far closer to the truth than the generally accepted narrative that blacks are horribly oppressed in this country.

I also think he misrepresented the history of the Democratic party, insomuch as the figures he talked bout being so racist were all Dixiecrats who were closet Republicans who voted for the conservative agenda.

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 10:53:35 AM »
I was debating whether to even post this, because I know it won't be well received.......but then, right at about the the 24 minute mark, this best selling black author says the exact same thing I've been saying here about the Democratic Party since I figured out why Trump won.  So I had to post it.

The entire interview is so full of the kind of truth the world needs to hear that I'm surprised somebody hasn't taken him out to shut him up. It's quite remarkable. He gets the false narrative completely, and he cites a lot of data to back up his POV.

I'm sure left leaning Diners will waste no time on mounting a "JP attack." Prepare to cut and paste. Whatever you do, don't consider for a minute that he might be right.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mk5_i9t3iOU&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mk5_i9t3iOU&fs=1</a>

He has facts.  What is to argue with.  It is true.

It has been black history month or whatever which in my mind has been overtly open racism of a buttered toast kind.  If we are all equal why do we need to concentrate on differences?  I think it is fucked up but that is just me and I have always loved brown sugar as well as pure cane sweetness.  As a Diner why are you surprised he is ignored.  We know real truth gets blatantly ignored all the time and we spend most of our time here trying to figure out why.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 10:57:46 AM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 11:23:50 AM »
I think there are at least three Diners who would argue until kingdom come that blacks get a horrible raw deal and that racism is only marginally less pronounced than it was under Jim Crow.

I've read a hundred articles here aimed at righting the injustices of killer cops profiling black people, for instance. And Elder is a right leaning radio talk show host, not that I ever caught his show.

I'd just like to see the liberal party get more reality based, instead of counting so hard on demographics to the point of abandoning people like me and JHK  (and millions of dumb working class whites who don't buy the SJW party line)....you have two forces, the elite leadership who want a Hillary or a Biden...and now you have a generation of delusional young people who don't even know history and have bought into all the false narratives they learned about in college.

That gets you to Trump and more people like Trump, who delight in stirring up the rabble, the people who think if you send Elvis a letter he'll get it, and who think Q is James Bond in Trump's White House.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 11:52:39 AM by Eddie »

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 11:42:58 AM »
If we are all equal why do we need to concentrate on differences?

We're not all equal.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 01:27:52 PM »

We're not all equal.

RE
An awful lot of people conflate "all men are created equal" to all people are equally abled. This is fairly obviously wrong to anybody with a brain, but what you just said, "We're not all equal" can be interpreted in more than one way.

I strongly believe that all Americans are entitled to be treated equally under the law. No problem. I do have a problem with a national  media that calls out every cop who kills an unarmed black man......while the same cop killing a white guy goes right under the radar. It isn't that I think it's okay to be a racist cop, but I just think the MSM media do focus on keeping black people stirred up to keep them voting in a certain way, and not on righting the real injustices that no doubt do occur at times.

I know damn good and well that some people can think, talk, work, or run circles around those in the common herd....and that's one of the things some people to the right end of the spectrum get right...... is that merit is important. The left wants everybody to be equal in EVERY way, as if that were desirable or even possible. But you can't legislate ability or motivation.

I don't have any problem with the fact that the NFL is dominated by black people who are great natural athletes. I also don't have any trouble understanding that math and physics come easy to a lot of Ashkenazi Jews, or that Anglo-Europeans consistently score higher on IQ tests than blacks with the same level of education, world-wide. Of course there are exceptions....but generally that's true. But liberal Americans want to dispute that.

I never got it until I realized it's completely tied to whether one grows up in a culture steeped in written language, or whether one lives in a spoken word culture. Even now,many if not the majority of American blacks generally grow up with spoken word language predominant in their homes.

Of course it isn't universal. Listen to Larry Elder, who is a true intellectual. Shit, Alex Haley, imho, was one of  the best writers of the 20th century.

But the fact that I would mention anything about blacks and whites not being "equal" makes me a racist in SJW circles. Or that I would dispute that America is full of racist cops on a mission to kill unarmed black people.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 01:34:16 PM by Eddie »

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 02:45:21 PM »
The left wants everybody to be equal in EVERY way

No, the left does not want this.  What you don't understand about the left could fill an encyclopedia.  Making gross generalizations like that is a dead giveaway.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 03:06:08 PM »
The left wants everybody to be equal in EVERY way

No, the left does not want this.  What you don't understand about the left could fill an encyclopedia.  Making gross generalizations like that is a dead giveaway.

RE

The left I see( the current variety that is now in ascendancy, not the IWW) wants it. It's pretty clear to anyone with one eye and half sense who pays attention. It's everywhere you look.

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 03:17:23 PM »
Observe this lefist feminist strawman argument in action on TV, fer instance. It's short.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ek6v80P8YmM<br />&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ek6v80P8YmM<br />&fs=1</a>

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 03:59:30 PM »
Observe this lefist feminist strawman argument in action on TV, fer instance. It's short.

Feminists aren't leftists, as "-ists" go, they are feminists.

Your video link returns an error.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 04:27:19 PM »

We're not all equal.

RE
An awful lot of people conflate "all men are created equal" to all people are equally abled. This is fairly obviously wrong to anybody with a brain, but what you just said, "We're not all equal" can be interpreted in more than one way.

I strongly believe that all Americans are entitled to be treated equally under the law. No problem. I do have a problem with a national  media that calls out every cop who kills an unarmed black man......while the same cop killing a white guy goes right under the radar. It isn't that I think it's okay to be a racist cop, but I just think the MSM media do focus on keeping black people stirred up to keep them voting in a certain way, and not on righting the real injustices that no doubt do occur at times.

I know damn good and well that some people can think, talk, work, or run circles around those in the common herd....and that's one of the things some people to the right end of the spectrum get right...... is that merit is important. The left wants everybody to be equal in EVERY way, as if that were desirable or even possible. But you can't legislate ability or motivation.

I don't have any problem with the fact that the NFL is dominated by black people who are great natural athletes. I also don't have any trouble understanding that math and physics come easy to a lot of Ashkenazi Jews, or that Anglo-Europeans consistently score higher on IQ tests than blacks with the same level of education, world-wide. Of course there are exceptions....but generally that's true. But liberal Americans want to dispute that.

I never got it until I realized it's completely tied to whether one grows up in a culture steeped in written language, or whether one lives in a spoken word culture. Even now,many if not the majority of American blacks generally grow up with spoken word language predominant in their homes.

Of course it isn't universal. Listen to Larry Elder, who is a true intellectual. Shit, Alex Haley, imho, was one of  the best writers of the 20th century.

But the fact that I would mention anything about blacks and whites not being "equal" makes me a racist in SJW circles. Or that I would dispute that America is full of racist cops on a mission to kill unarmed black people.

I met Alex Haley.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2019, 04:31:16 PM »
He told me people expected him to have all the answers and that he was just an ordinary guy who wrote a book.

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2019, 05:02:18 PM »
 He said something about blacks getting longer sentences because of previous crimes....and it got me thinking that he never mentioned percentage of the black population in jail is way higher than whites unless he thought we would believe it was because they got longer sentences. So I did a search on this subject and found and article that basically rebuts most of what the guy in the video says.

This was written in Sept. of this year.

There’s overwhelming evidence that the criminal-justice system is racist. Here’s the proof.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2018/09/18/theres-overwhelming-evidence-that-the-criminal-justice-system-is-racist-heres-the-proof/?utm_term=.5962f4b53ca0
NECROCAPITALISM at http://openmind693.wordpress.com ‘Rolling thunder. Shock. A noble one in fear and dread sets things in order and is watchful.’ I-Ching (Hex.51)

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2019, 05:07:15 PM »

Feminists aren't leftists, as "-ists" go, they are feminists.

Your video link returns an error.

RE
Sorry about  that, but actually the college campuses of America are chock full of Marxist feminists these days. And there is a generation of young people listening to their bullshit and buying into it. I can cite examples until you're ready for bed if you like.

You know, I'm not ignorant of the tenets of Marxism or feminism, and my arguments are sensible and cogent. You just don't happen to agree with me, so you're try to knock me down by accusing me of over-generalizing about subjects I'm not well versed on, which is pure crap. You're attacking my qualifications to participate in a discussion about leftist feminists, like I should maybe have to get a degree in women's studies first. Gimme a fuckin' break.

There are three left leaning political candidates I know of......all seriously running for POTUS who are talking about reparations for blacks and so-called Native Americans. That's the product of this ridiculous social justice movement. It's real, and it's incredibly stupid and based on false assumptions.

I actually read some feminists I like, which are not the ones I'm criticizing (which are the phony baloney ones) . But your damn straight there are plenty of self-described leftist feminists. The thing I really see is that people I consider to be REAL serious leftists and REAL serious feminists are also critics of the phenomenon I'm trying to complain about.

If you really want real serious discussion, listen to Laura Kipnis.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-bsjPM9EOzY&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-bsjPM9EOzY&fs=1</a>

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2019, 05:26:46 PM »
He told me people expected him to have all the answers and that he was just an ordinary guy who wrote a book.

Alex Haley said that? I never read Roots or even saw the movie...but it made a big positive impact in American culture.

My own real admiration of his writing comes from the Autobiography of Malcolm X, which is one of my favorite books. As you probably know, he actually wrote that book, based on his conversations and interviews with Malcolm. His story was fascinating, and I think he (Malcolm) was a visionary of sorts. Haley got that story right.

I also found out that he ((Alex) used to hang out up in the canyon at Mt. Princeton at a very cool old guest ranch that is long gone now. I went up there once. He is said to have liked it because nobody knew who he was and he could relax without being hassled. He came back year after year for decades, from what I was told, or read. I hiked trails he used to hike, although I never did climb the 14'er. Still on my bucket list.

Or did you mean JP? You met him, right? Sounds exactly like something he would say.