AuthorTopic: The Zuck gets dinged $5,000,000,000.00  (Read 230 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
The Zuck gets dinged $5,000,000,000.00
« on: July 26, 2019, 07:40:07 AM »

Facebook To Pay Record $5 Billion Fine In FTC Settlement

As extensively leaked in advance, on Wednesday morning Facebook agreed to pay a record $5 billion fine to resolve a long-running federal investigation that has damaged the company’s standing with consumers and clouded its future, and agreed to better police its data-privacy practices,
Under the settlement, Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg will be required to certify that the company is in compliance with new privacy strictures, and could be subject to civil and criminal penalties for false certifications.

"The $5 billion penalty against Facebook is the largest ever imposed on any company for violating consumers’ privacy and almost 20 times greater than the largest privacy or data security penalty ever imposed worldwide,” the Federal Trade Commission said in a news release. “It is one of the largest penalties ever assessed by the U.S. government for any violation."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-24/facebook-pay-record-5-billion-fine-ftc-settlement
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: The Zuck gets dinged $5,000,000,000.00
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 10:34:22 AM »

Facebook To Pay Record $5 Billion Fine In FTC Settlement

As extensively leaked in advance, on Wednesday morning Facebook agreed to pay a record $5 billion fine to resolve a long-running federal investigation that has damaged the company’s standing with consumers and clouded its future, and agreed to better police its data-privacy practices,
Under the settlement, Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg will be required to certify that the company is in compliance with new privacy strictures, and could be subject to civil and criminal penalties for false certifications.

"The $5 billion penalty against Facebook is the largest ever imposed on any company for violating consumers’ privacy and almost 20 times greater than the largest privacy or data security penalty ever imposed worldwide,” the Federal Trade Commission said in a news release. “It is one of the largest penalties ever assessed by the U.S. government for any violation."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-24/facebook-pay-record-5-billion-fine-ftc-settlement

As of 2013, 25 Years After the Exxon Valdez oil spill, Exxon still hadn’t paid For long-term environmental damages. Cleaning up the Exxon Valdez disaster took four summers and cost approximately $2 billion. At one point the plaintiffs were awarded $5 billion. Exxon litigated this for a quarter century and got the eventual settlement reduced by a fucking order of magnitude. they paid out $500M, dropping a zero in the process.

My point is that pigs will fly out of my ass and turn into swans before Zuck coughs up the cash. I won 't live to see it.
"...reprehensible lying communist..."