AuthorTopic: "Don't turn off your PC. This will take a while..."  (Read 498 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
"Don't turn off your PC. This will take a while..."
« on: August 12, 2019, 09:39:35 AM »
You may have noticed I haven't put up my usual cornucopia of Collapse articles this morning.

The reason is my main computer, the Dell all-in-one big screen unit is currently undergoing a "Windows Update".  This is the Update from Hell.

Usually these things take 5-15 minutes or so.   I am  now at 2 hours and its still showing only 27% complete.  :o  I have high speed internet too!

This is enough time to go completely though my hard drive and run bots to check EVERYTHING.  Not to be too PARANOID here, but I think the NSA is checking me out.  I may be in trouble if they are flagging Tombstone designs.

Hopefully I get through this chcckup and will be back to normal Collapse Analysis later today sometime.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
Re: "Don't turn off your PC. This will take a while..."
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 09:59:59 AM »
You may have noticed I haven't put up my usual cornucopia of Collapse articles this morning.

The reason is my main computer, the Dell all-in-one big screen unit is currently undergoing a "Windows Update".  This is the Update from Hell.

Usually these things take 5-15 minutes or so.   I am  now at 2 hours and its still showing only 27% complete.  :o  I have high speed internet too!

This is enough time to go completely though my hard drive and run bots to check EVERYTHING.  Not to be too PARANOID here, but I think the NSA is checking me out.  I may be in trouble if they are flagging Tombstone designs.

Hopefully I get through this chcckup and will be back to normal Collapse Analysis later today sometime.

RE

I had a full charge on my cellphone before I went to get your ass to the Seattle airport a few weeks ago.  When I got to your hotel the battery was half drained.

I washed the car in a Brown Bear car-wash on my way down.  Later in Seattle I realized the Mercedes symbol on my hood was gone.  Cleanly removed.  I called the car wash.  They had not found one.  That leaves the Emerald Queen Parking lot when we were getting your shit to the car.  The good news is that the Seattle Mercedes Dealer who I bought the car from sold me a replacement hood ornament at cost and put it on for free.

:coffee:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 10:08:33 AM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 12:49:46 PM »

RE

I had a full charge on my cellphone before I went to get your ass to the Seattle airport a few weeks ago.  When I got to your hotel the battery was half drained.

I washed the car in a Brown Bear car-wash on my way down.  Later in Seattle I realized the Mercedes symbol on my hood was gone.  Cleanly removed.  I called the car wash.  They had not found one.  That leaves the Emerald Queen Parking lot when we were getting your shit to the car.  The good news is that the Seattle Mercedes Dealer who I bought the car from sold me a replacement hood ornament at cost and put it on for free.

Do you think the NSA stole the Mercedes symbol?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 01:15:34 PM »
Now my fucking phone is getting an "Android System Update".  ::)  This is getting ridiculous.

On the upside, I appear to have passed the Windows Computer Scan & Installation of new Spying Bots and the Dell is now working again!  :icon_sunny:

My Toilet needs an update too!  Maybe if I had a Smart Toilet they could do that? ???  :icon_scratch:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 03:59:54 PM »

RE

Do you think the NSA stole the Mercedes symbol?

RE

No, it was the Secret Service.  K-Dog has the platinum surveillance card.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 04:11:56 PM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.