AuthorTopic: The Jordan F. Peterson Bleach Enema Thread  (Read 1539 times)

Offline Nearingsfault

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The Jordan F. Peterson Bleach Enema Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2020, 05:28:22 AM »
Less is more.

But go for it, and I'll be there to disagree, with a cogent argument......but frankly, I'm as tired of this subject as Surly is, and if JRM hadn't gotten his panties so twisted arnd decided to come after me, I'd have never mentioned JP at all. He is a celebrity, and you can read his books, or not....You can believe the giant manure piles of  criticism by the people who want to make him out to be things he isn't...and believe whatever you want.

I notice he has gone walkabout. Easier than actually gardening and feeding himself.......still waiting for HIS garden pics...and his water catchment pics. I'm sure they'll be forthcoming......yeah. Soon.
yup that was the conclusion I came to. So determined to be an influencer that he had no time to actually do... It is a curse in most of the crunchie activities I enjoy. Everyone wants a sustainable world nobody wants to handle humane manure, weed a garden, cut down on energy use or live in a small house....
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline Cam

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2020, 09:00:55 AM »
Less is more.

But go for it, and I'll be there to disagree, with a cogent argument......but frankly, I'm as tired of this subject as Surly is, and if JRM hadn't gotten his panties so twisted arnd decided to come after me, I'd have never mentioned JP at all. He is a celebrity, and you can read his books, or not....You can believe the giant manure piles of  criticism by the people who want to make him out to be things he isn't...and believe whatever you want.

I notice he has gone walkabout. Easier than actually gardening and feeding himself.......still waiting for HIS garden pics...and his water catchment pics. I'm sure they'll be forthcoming......yeah. Soon.
yup that was the conclusion I came to. So determined to be an influencer that he had no time to actually do... It is a curse in most of the crunchie activities I enjoy. Everyone wants a sustainable world nobody wants to handle humane manure, weed a garden, cut down on energy use or live in a small house....

I've seen the 'crunchy activities' mentioned a few times on the Diner but I'm not 100% on what it means. Is it another version of 'getting your hands dirty'? Or something along the lines of 'we should all do this' but never actually doing anything practical?
As this world disintegrates, do what you can to help build what comes next.

Offline Nearingsfault

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2020, 09:07:01 AM »
Less is more.

I've seen the 'crunchy activities' mentioned a few times on the Diner but I'm not 100% on what it means. Is it another version of 'getting your hands dirty'? Or something along the lines of 'we should all do this' but never actually doing anything practical?
crunchies/ greenies I identify with them but have some issues with them. I've been reading the stone kettle guy. Specifically issues with the transition movement and I loved the word "crunchie" and "woo" to describe a certain percentage of people who populate those movements. So yes people who advocate but dont do..
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline Cam

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2020, 10:31:13 AM »
Less is more.

crunchies/ greenies I identify with them but have some issues with them. I've been reading the stone kettle guy. Specifically issues with the transition movement and I loved the word "crunchie" and "woo" to describe a certain percentage of people who populate those movements. So yes people who advocate but dont do..

Interesting. I'll strive to be a squishy rather than a crunchie.
As this world disintegrates, do what you can to help build what comes next.

Offline Nearingsfault

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2020, 10:41:25 AM »
Less is more.

Yes I think the pragmatic person who gets it 75 percent right wins every time.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 11:00:43 AM by Nearingsfault »

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2020, 10:46:04 AM »
Less is more.

Yes I think the pragmatic person who gets it 75 percent of it right wins every time.

You can book that one and take it to the bank.

RE
Save As Many As You Can