AuthorTopic: Prepping with Jesus  (Read 7466 times)

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Prepping with Jesus
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2020, 06:31:04 PM »
You are most welcome.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Ashvin

• Troll
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2020, 06:38:17 PM »
I never meant to say that Barrett is not a good legal mind or a qualified jurist. And no, I don't read SCOTUS opinions.

But I have dived deep into Roe v. Wade and the people who were responsible for getting the case off the ground.....all the way back to Eisenhower and LBJ and theTexas populist Democrat Governor Ralph Yarborough..Judge Sarah T. Hughes in Dallas. The case fascinates me.

I also always wondered why the Warren Court ever existed at all in a world so damn conservative, both before and after .

It was a bit of a shock to find out that Eisenhower nominated Warren......in his first term he and LBJ (when he was Majority Leader) had a friendship and worked together.

Things were different in the 1950's.

Are they really or is that the perception the MSM wants us to have? I mean, Gorsuch wrote the majority opinion in McGirt v. Oklahoma holding that "as pertaining to the Major Crimes Act, much of the eastern portion of the state of Oklahoma remains as Native American lands of the prior Indian reservations of the Five Civilized Tribes", AND he wrote the majority opinion which held "that the 1964 Civil Rights Act protects gay, lesbian, and transgender employees from discrimination based on sex", which Justice Roberts joined him on.

I do think Barrett, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh..all were nominated to directly reward the pro-life voting bloc.....for voting for Trump. It IS that simple. Trump is a simple guy. And McConnell, austerity loving bastard that he is....is a consummate politician, who runs the Senate with an iron hand. Which is the way you have to run it.

But I think seven Catholics on the Supreme Court raises legitimate questions about the separation of church and state. It's crazy.

The politicians may be simple and rewarding certain blocs of their constituency, which is kind of their job, but they always fail to realize the justices have a mind of their own and with life tenure they will not hesitate to go against the grain if they feel that's what the law requires. Or if they just change their political outlook in old age. Whatever the case may be, it's outside of Trump or any other President's control once they are on the bench. And that's the way it's supposed to be. It won't be that way if Congress or the President can just adjust the dynamics of the court whenever they feel it is going against their politics.

And I don't see why seven Catholics is an issue... they are all going to be Christian, right? So if we are trying to do it "fair", we would have 4.5 Catholics and 4.5 Protestants. Obviously that would be ridiculous, which is my point. The judiciary is supposed to be outside of political influence - the justices are not supposed to represent the demographics of the population.

Offline Ashvin

• Troll
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2020, 07:42:26 PM »
It's in the pipeline and I appreciate the concern.

Good, if he's in the states let me know... I'll take the case on contingency!

The below ad is just another example of crying wolf. I've said in the past that Trump skates on the big issues because so much opposition is devoted to nothing burgers. Notice how nothing is ever definitive, always leaving both sides feeling they were right but not vindicated. This election non result is going to follow the same trend of the Muller report and impeachment.

"Crying wolf" is very generous. I remember way back when the dems tried to oust a democratically elected President because he had "withheld aid from Ukraine" as a "quid pro quo" for pressuring them into doing what he wanted. They appointed a special prosecutor and investigated it for years. It was on the MSM news cycle 24/7... you couldn't possibly miss it.

Nothing came of it, except revelations that the dems were illegally spying on a presidential candidate and fabricating evidence (which everyone has forgotten about). Fast forward to present day, and we have mountains of evidence that the Democratic presidential candidate did exactly what Trump was accused of doing, which he admits in this video below (which everyone has also forgotten about). It isn't anywhere on the MSM news cycle (except Fox) and the few people who happen to reference it on the left call it "fake news" without anything to back that up.

The few newspapers which reported on it were banned by the biggest news aggregators, which Jack Dorsey lied about under oath to Congress a few days ago, and you would never know any of it happened unless you went out looking for it or someone told you about it, which they wouldn't, because its a death sentence to have outspoken conservative friends when you are on the left. They aren't crying wolf, they are the wolves in sheep's clothing and they are hoping people hate Trump enough not to figure that out.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vCSF3reVr10" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vCSF3reVr10</a>

Offline Phil Rumpole

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2020, 02:56:58 PM »

Fuck. That's terrible. A man should be able to trust his own father....My own father let me down too many times....but nothing he ever did or didn't do....was in that league.
I thought about Hare Krishnas when I was making the earlier rant....there seemed to be more of them here when I was young.....not so visible these days. Can't remember the last time I saw one.

I'm not a fan of Barrett. I'm not a fan of having seven Catholics on the high court....That's right, SEVEN. All picked with some thought that it might help to one day overturn Roe v. Wade.

I wonder how conservative Christians  would feel about having ,say....seven devout Muslims....on the Supreme Court? They'd be apoplectic.

Roe is pretty much irrelevant now anyway...Abortion has been legislated nearly out of existence  (except for the children of the rich hypocrites) by onerous regulations at the state level.....thanks to Charles Koch and his money. But I am still pro-choice,,,,,,and I think legal abortion is a lesser evil than having throwaway kids who grow up to be criminals. Because that does happen to unwanted kids whose parents have no means to raise them.

But in the very zealous pursuit of overturning Roe, we have gotten a great number of very poor decisions about other things.....asset seizure, Citizen's United...government surveillance. That's maybe worse than Roe being overturned, if it ever is..

Appreciate the concern, life is stranger than fiction. I think 2015 I got a call from him saying he wanted me to sign some papers, probably to take over being trustee, because he had some dizzy spell he thought was a stroke, driving. I said you're just unfit, don't exercise and smoke, it can wait. I should have made the flight and done it then. When he started spending half his life on hare Krishna ranches in India he actually quit.

In August my mother went into a nursing home. My sister lives in the same state as her, transferred to her town for 3 weeks at that time, stayed in her house. My father then went up there and stayed there with my sister. They never had a property settlement after seperating 35 yrs ago. It was meant to be sold but apparently she wanted too much and it didn't happen. In any case he had only contributed paying for that place for less than 3 yrs before leaving. My mother helped make the payments in those 2-3 yrs and then made all of them as well as all the rates and repairs up to the present. Moving back in and surreptitiously doing some work around the place for a while gives him a legal leg to stand on.

There's a second property there he organised between 4 partners, 400 acres on the river, no loan involved.  Again, the only one to pay rates for the last 30 yrs was my mother, which is supposed to mean everyone else relinquished their rights, but he's doing something now to get valuations, force a sale and get the money.

I see abortion as just a wedge issue, that would never seriously be threatened when depopulation is the policy of the politicians pupetters, the donors. Things like the other important issues you mentioned get rubber stamped while the audience are too busy to pay attention or paying attention to the topics they put forward. Will trump step down if he loses? Are boxes of ballots for Trump being found in dumpsters and creeks? What are we going to do about Russian hypnosis of voters?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 03:01:42 PM by Phil Rumpole »
Women are like hurricanes: Wet and wild when they come, take your house when they leave