AuthorTopic: Merry Christmas Diners  (Read 684 times)

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas Diners
« on: December 24, 2020, 07:17:25 PM »
Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas, in spite of the challenges of 2020.

I hope all of you are safe and warm...and all of your needs are met...especially you RE.

I am making chocolate mousse.....waiting for the rum-infused sweetened chocolate to cool before I fold it into the egg whites and whipped cream.Combining the egg whites with the chocolate and then folding that into the whipped cream.....the last step..that’s the moment of truth.

We had tamales for Christmas Eve dinner....it’s a Texas thing.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas Diners
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 08:05:12 PM »

I hope all of you are safe and warm...and all of your needs are met...especially you RE.

I am making chocolate mousse.....waiting for the rum-infused sweetened chocolate to cool before I fold it into the egg whites and whipped cream.Combining the egg whites with the chocolate and then folding that into the whipped cream.....the last step..that’s the moment of truth.

I am pigging out on all the great hospital food dishes...pizza, chicken salad, asparagus, cottage cheese and ice cream.  Still in the hospital, we'll see what next week brings.  Merry Xmas 2 U 2.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Cam

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 08:07:08 PM »
We watched the Grinch while having a groupchat on facebook with our siblings that are out of town. We drank wine too. And I finished my metal ornaments I made for everyone and got them wrapped up .

Merry Christmas to you too Eddie, and all the other Diners!
As this world disintegrates, do what you can to help build what comes next.

Offline Nearingsfault

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 10:17:16 PM »
Christmas pyjamas for the girls, iced sugar cookies, presents under the tree stockings, and a generous amount of Baileys in the hot chocolat.
Merry Christmas Diners.
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline Phil Rumpole

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2020, 12:06:08 AM »
HO Ho ho Happy Xmas!

I'm way from the family.. Suspect my daughters Xmas message was a generic one sent to everyone, not just me. I didn't answer the phone to relatives who talk too long about crap like what they would do if they won the lottery. Bought my son an engine scan tool to find fault codes and reset etc, no call to say thanks yet. No partridge in a pear tree, three french hens, two turtle doves, but we have enough 🍺

https://youtu.be/HX55AzGku5Y
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 05:07:16 AM by Phil Rumpole »
Women are like hurricanes: Wet and wild when they come, take your house when they leave

Offline Ashvin

• Troll
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2020, 06:39:25 AM »

I am pigging out on all the great hospital food dishes...pizza, chicken salad, asparagus, cottage cheese and ice cream.  Still in the hospital, we'll see what next week brings.  Merry Xmas 2 U 2.

RE

Hopefully not more pathetic denials from assisted living due to Covid response...

Merry Christmas!

"So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying: “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2020, 05:13:46 PM »
Diners!

My computer has died. I do not know when I will be able to get back on the net. I am currently not dead. If you have my new phone number, please call me on that. If you cannot reach me on that, call MSRMC (Google it) and ask for room 305. Hope to be back online soon.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2020, 06:01:31 PM »
Diners!

My computer has died. I do not know when I will be able to get back on the net. I am currently not dead. If you have my new phone number, please call me on that. If you cannot reach me on that, call MSRMC (Google it) and ask for room 305. Hope to be back online soon.

RE

I am BACK with a new laptop.   :icon_sunny:  My friend went to Wally Worlld today and picked me up a real bargain!  15"HP with full keyboard and i5 quad core processor mismarked on the wrong shelf for $454.  sells now on Amazon flr $579.  Still working on setup.  I'll catch up here eventually.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2020, 01:16:26 AM »
Diners!

RE

I am BACK with a new laptop.   :icon_sunny:  My friend went to Wally Worlld today and picked me up a real bargain!  15"HP with full keyboard and i5 quad core processor mismarked on the wrong shelf for $454.  sells now on Amazon flr $579.  Still working on setup.  I'll catch up here eventually.

RE

Good for you.  Now whoever marked it down and put it on the shelf for their friend to buy will have to do it all over again.  The puter they thought to hook their friend up with turned out to be DOOMED.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Phil Rumpole

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Happy New Year
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2020, 04:36:02 PM »
Wishing everyone here every success for 2021  8)
Women are like hurricanes: Wet and wild when they come, take your house when they leave

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Year
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2020, 06:49:53 PM »
Wishing everyone here every success for 2021  8)

I second that!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gFcSfqYqHs4&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gFcSfqYqHs4&fs=1</a>
NECROCAPITALISM at http://openmind693.wordpress.com ‘Rolling thunder. Shock. A noble one in fear and dread sets things in order and is watchful.’ I-Ching (Hex.51)

Offline Ashvin

• Troll
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2020, 09:17:42 PM »
Times square went from iconic ball drop to weird ass Kia commercial on repeat... and Lennon's "Imagine".

"Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try"

Sounds about right. Happy New Year!

« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 09:20:28 PM by Ashvin »

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2021, 07:52:33 AM »
Times square went from iconic ball drop to weird ass Kia commercial on repeat... and Lennon's "Imagine".

"Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try"

Sounds about right. Happy New Year!

We still have Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve too.  Also sounds right.  Maybe alt-Right.  lol.  No Dick though or Guy Lombardo.  Now we have Ryan Seacrest.  ::)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-OQWDoh17AQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-OQWDoh17AQ</a>

RE
Save As Many As You Can