AuthorTopic: Nietsche got it right... Virtue Signaling Indicates Dark Triad personalities  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Ashvin

• Troll
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32614222/
Abstract

We investigate the consequences and predictors of emitting signals of victimhood and virtue. In our first three studies, we show that the virtuous victim signal can facilitate nonreciprocal resource transfer from others to the signaler. Next, we develop and validate a victim signaling scale that we combine with an established measure of virtue signaling to operationalize the virtuous victim construct. We show that individuals with Dark Triad traits-Machiavellianism, Narcissism, Psychopathy-more frequently signal virtuous victimhood, controlling for demographic and socioeconomic variables that are commonly associated with victimization in Western societies. In Study 5, we show that a specific dimension of Machiavellianism-amoral manipulation-and a form of narcissism that reflects a person's belief in their superior prosociality predict more frequent virtuous victim signaling. Studies 3, 4, and 6 test our hypothesis that the frequency of emitting virtuous victim signal predicts a person's willingness to engage in and endorse ethically questionable behaviors, such as lying to earn a bonus, intention to purchase counterfeit products and moral judgments of counterfeiters, and making exaggerated claims about being harmed in an organizational context. (PsycInfo Database Record (c) 2020 APA, all rights reserved).

Psychopathy (r = .58), Machiavellianism (r = .43) and narcissism (r = .30)

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32614222/
Abstract

We investigate the consequences and predictors of emitting signals of victimhood and virtue. In our first three studies, we show that the virtuous victim signal can facilitate nonreciprocal resource transfer from others to the signaler. Next, we develop and validate a victim signaling scale that we combine with an established measure of virtue signaling to operationalize the virtuous victim construct. We show that individuals with Dark Triad traits-Machiavellianism, Narcissism, Psychopathy-more frequently signal virtuous victimhood, controlling for demographic and socioeconomic variables that are commonly associated with victimization in Western societies. In Study 5, we show that a specific dimension of Machiavellianism-amoral manipulation-and a form of narcissism that reflects a person's belief in their superior prosociality predict more frequent virtuous victim signaling. Studies 3, 4, and 6 test our hypothesis that the frequency of emitting virtuous victim signal predicts a person's willingness to engage in and endorse ethically questionable behaviors, such as lying to earn a bonus, intention to purchase counterfeit products and moral judgments of counterfeiters, and making exaggerated claims about being harmed in an organizational context. (PsycInfo Database Record (c) 2020 APA, all rights reserved).

Psychopathy (r = .58), Machiavellianism (r = .43) and narcissism (r = .30)

A lot of verbage to say the sky is blue.  Who could have guessed?

Personalities which operate on lies and deception and who think they are special will pretend to be victims of wrong if there is a piece of cheese in it for them.  Who  could have guessed?

I'd be happier if the authors of this genius study grew carrots.

we show that a specific dimension of Machiavellianism-amoral manipulation-and a form of narcissism that reflects a person's belief in their superior prosociality predict more frequent virtuous victim signaling.

A mouthful with zero calories if ever there was.  Left out of the study is the fact that these people likely feel a very special tingle when they are pulling their shit.

Which the normal among us would see as the cheapest of thrills.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 01:13:17 AM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Ashvin

• Troll
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
A lot of verbage to say the sky is blue.  Who could have guessed?

Personalities which operate on lies and deception and who think they are special will pretend to be victims of wrong if there is a piece of cheese in it for them.  Who  could have guessed?

Not anyone who self-identifies as a Marxist, which is the Mother of (as in gave birth to) all victimhood narratives over the last 150 years. It also goes hand in hand with virtue signaling, under the guise of "compassion" for the 'oppressed'.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 08:16:57 AM by Ashvin »

Offline Phil Rumpole

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Gaslighting is another associated trait. ignoring the obvious that things like claiming election fraud without evidence and everything the msm reports on you is lies, is lterally playing the victim, Taking action to revolt and transfer ownership to the people from the oligarchs is anything but.

No I am not a communist, I am just pointing this out.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 03:02:26 PM by Phil Rumpole »
Women are like hurricanes: Wet and wild when they come, take your house when they leave

Offline Ashvin

• Troll
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Gaslighting is another associated trait. ignoring the obvious that things like claiming election fraud without evidence and everything the msm reports on you is lies, is lterally playing the victim, Taking action to revolt and transfer ownership to the people from the oligarchs is anything but.

No I am not a communist, I am just pointing this out.

No you are "just" denying science again because it contradicts your narrative. I presented all the evidence for election fraud and you ignored it like the MSM talking heads which inform everything you believe about this stuff without you even knowing it. Neither you nor they have come up with a plausible explanation for the video of GA poll workers pulling out boxes of ballots from under a table and counting them in the middle of the night after monitors and press had cleared out. Not a single federal agent was sent to 'question' (interrogate) those workers like they did with that one USPS postal worker. Not a single affidavit was signed by those workers and made public which explained what they were doing and why. And that's just ONE piece of evidence of election fraud out there.

The victimhood narratives are ones that are claimed to be "systemic" to a culture or people and therefore are claimed to be practically perpetual in nature. Claiming specific instances of being victimized in some regard is NOT the same thing. But anyone with a bit of sense already knew that.

Offline Phil Rumpole

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
I've demonstrated at least 10 things that you claim I only got from the msm but I already had heard the far right narrative on too, and weighed the evidence. Let's not forget we've been saying the news spin things and leave out things for many years and you never paid attention until trump started screwing up people waking up to it, by telling his followers everything on the news is fake. Nothing at all happens unless he says it did.

Your science pertained to individuals not politics, and the method is not even discussed.

You are insisting on being a victim of the action on video despite it not proving any fraud and two recounts following it proving none happened.  Even if they did do fraud, even if it's proven not one vote went to Biden, you're complainng of being a victim, you believe the election was stolen and do nothing but be a victim. You wear masks and social distance when you believe they don't work and make you a victim of totalitarians. When communists were agrieved they refused to be victims, when BLM were agrieved they also refused to just be victims, whether you agree with what they do in response or not. Refusing to accept the end of empire and a multipolar world is also playing victim by the ostrich response instead of facing and dealing, especially with the mote in your own eye virtue signalling on human rights.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 08:41:34 PM by Phil Rumpole »
Women are like hurricanes: Wet and wild when they come, take your house when they leave

Offline Ashvin

• Troll
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
I've demonstrated at least 10 things that you claim I only got from the msm but I already had heard the far right narrative on.

Your science pertained to individuals not politics.

You are insisting on being a victim of the action on video despite it not proving any fraud and two recounts following it proving none happened.  Even if they did do fraud, even if it's proven not one vote went to Biden, you're complainng of being a victim, you believe the election was stolen and do nothing but be a victim. You wear masks and social distance when you believe they don't work and make you a victim of totalitarians. When communists were agrieved they refused to be victims, when BLM were agrieved they also refused to just be victims, whether you agree with what they do in response or not. The whole refusing to accept the decline of the west and a multipolar world is also playing victim, especially with the mote in your own eye virtue signalling on human rights.

I have said a million times that I am a beneficiary of the totalitarians. Everything they do makes me money hand over fist, from the unnecessary lockdowns which destroy businesses to the "Covid relief" bill that Trump just gave into (which he is WRONG for doing). The Democrats spearheaded by Elizabeth Warren are also trying to push through a "consumer bankruptcy reform act", which would take my profits to a whole new level, even though it's the most financially illiterate legislation I have ever come across and will speak out against it. So your pathetic attempt to turn this around on me makes no sense, as 99% of what you write here.

And calling out specific acts of totalitarian policy has nothing to do with the "decline of the west" (I am very familiar with Spengler's work and find it insightful). I happen to think Russia is poised to become a major center of influence in the near future and they are not in the west. So you can stop trying to burn down these random strawmen in your attempts to sound insightful. No one in Marxist BLM was aggrieved by anyone, and even if they were, rioting and looting minority owned businesses and Jew bashing is not DOING anything productive about it.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 08:44:17 PM by Ashvin »

Offline Phil Rumpole

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
I've demonstrated at least 10 things that you claim I only got from the msm but I already had heard the far right narrative on.

You are insisting on being a victim of the action on video despite it not proving any fraud and two recounts following it proving none happened.  Even if they did do fraud, even if it's proven not one vote went to Biden, you're complainng of being a victim, you believe the election was stolen and do nothing but be a victim. You wear masks and social distance when you believe they don't work and make you a victim of totalitarians. When communists were agrieved they refused to be victims, when BLM were agrieved they also refused to just be victims, whether you agree with what they do in response or not. The whole refusing to accept the decline of the west and a multipolar world is also playing victim, especially with the mote in your own eye virtue signalling on human rights.

I have said a million times that I am a beneficiary of the totalitarians. Everything they do makes me money hand over fist, from the unnecessary lockdowns which destroy businesses to the "Covid relief" bill that Trump just gave into (which he is WRONG for doing). The Democrats spearheaded by Elizabeth Warren are also trying to push through a "consumer bankruptcy reform act", which would take my profits to a whole new level, even though it's the most financially illiterate legislation I have ever come across and will speak out against it. So your pathetic attempt to turn this around on me makes no sense, as 99% of what you write here.

And calling out specific acts of totalitarian policy has nothing to do with the "decline of the west" (I am very familiar with Spengler's work and find it insightful). I happen to think Russia is poised to become a major center of influence in the near future and they are not in the west. So you can stop trying to burn down these random strawmen in your attempts to sound insightful. No one in Marxist BLM was aggrieved by anyone, and even if they were, rioting and looting minority owned businesses and Jew bashing is not DOING anything productive about it.

So now YOURE 'stumping for' the most brutal and repressive regime on earth?

And as your study hypothesized, the virtue signalling victim facilitates transfer of resources to himself. Another example is asking everyone for 5$ to save America, which is of course only to save himself.

George Floyds murder among others didn't agrieve BLM? Who says 99% nonsense..

It comes back to the same thing. The minute they used the term 'virtue signalling', you know they have a far right agenda. Clearly they made no secret they intended to find a connection between what they considered to be a left wing phenomena and being bad people.  The problem is that it's a fool's errand to try and categorise half the population as bad and the other half good based on team red and blue. It also begs the question why you would be trying to do this in the first place. Why do you need the other group to be bad? Obviously to avoid examining whether you are yourself. Notice, how we are only ever given access to the abstract of the research. We do not get the discussion or the peer review which appears in the journal that published it. The points I raised would certainly have also been raised there, but that is not important for this snippet to do the rounds of an uncritical hyper-partisan media.

According to Teddy Roosevelt, comparison is the thief of joy. So if you find one example of anti-Semitism in BLM, it is like a meth addict high, but only before the inevitable crash when you remember most white supremacists are antisemitic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php%3fterm=((()))&amp=true

« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 02:00:17 AM by Phil Rumpole »

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile

Take the money and use it to build your future....you canít stop the pendulum swing....I too expect to benefit from the coming changes,
financially. Just be glad youíre not an old white guy.

With this COVID year and all the debt the government was kind enough to let me take on, I need the income.

I hope youíve bought a house (or two)...if not it is imperative that you do so asap. Locking in mortgage money now is the best investment youíll make in your lifetime.....in a case like yours, the more the better. You wonít have trouble servicing the debt, and inflation will make you wealthy.

My financial mentor Daniel has written a new book. I just ordered it, although Iíve been using his approach for well over a decade now. You should read it.

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
On the whole victimhood mentality that is being peddled by BLM and made legitimate by the guilty white academics and well-to-do bleeding heart liberals like Warren.....I fully acknowledge itís a thing.....and it will have to play itself out, however that goes.

I expect in time that BLM will implode. I said many months ago that their leadership was playing fast and loose with all their donation money....and their corruption and misuse of funds will continue to bite them on the ass. There is a long history of political corruption in the African-American community....and in Africa too, fwiw. Look at somebody like Charles Rangel....who was once elected on a reform ticket after his predecessor, Adam Clayton Powell got in trouble for corruption.....and yet Rangel was in the same trouble himself, before he was forced to retire after being censured.

Offline Ashvin

• Troll
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile

Take the money and use it to build your future....you canít stop the pendulum swing....I too expect to benefit from the coming changes,

With this COVID year and all the debt the government was kind enough to let me take on, I need the income.

Oh I have been taking it and will continue taking it for sure. I have expanded my business taking on a partner and have a good "retirement" fund in place. I have been looking at some land to purchase as well. Owning a house around here is not ideal for me, as property taxes are getting jacked up and the cost of maintenance. But yeah, there is no shame in looking out for your Self, unless you are a Self-hating collectivist.

Offline Ashvin

• Troll
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile

According to Teddy Roosevelt, comparison is the thief of joy. So if you find one example of anti-Semitism in BLM, it is like a meth addict high, but only before the inevitable crash when you remember most white supremacists are antisemitic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php%3fterm=((()))&amp=true

So I guess his death aggrieved white people in Australia, too? Complete nonsense. None of the people who were rioting and looting had ever heard of or met George Floyd. Most of them had never had a negative police encounter in their life. Its comical that you think BLM is an authentic progressive movement here. Their LEADERSHIP is anti-Semitic, as I have explained many times before, and there were MULTIPLE instances of anti-Semitic behavior just this year. Many white supremacists are also anti-Semitic, but the difference between me and you is that I don't SUPPORT the anti-Semites and you do.

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile

Oh I have been taking it and will continue taking it for sure. I have expanded my business taking on a partner and have a good "retirement" fund in place. I have been looking at some land to purchase as well. Owning a house around here is not ideal for me, as property taxes are getting jacked up and the cost of maintenance. But yeah, there is no shame in looking out for your Self, unless you are a Self-hating collectivist.

Donít let the taxes and maintenance talk you out of making the right call. Property taxes arenít that bad where you are.....the worst thing about where you live is the state income tax.

There is no 401K that will do as well as your local Arlington area real estate will over your practice career. I know you think you know best.....but letís revisit this in 10-15 years if Iím still around. You should take advantage of the Fedís help..which wonít always be available.So many people I talk to want to bitch about Fed policy. A few smart people actually USE Fed policy. Be one of those.

Buy your land and build a rural place.....but think about buying a duplex or a fourplex.

Looking forward to saying I told you so......as a very wealthy old guy. My portfolio value is growing so fast now....but you need to start younger than I did.

Best of luck in all your endeavors, of course.     :) :)

Offline Phil Rumpole

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile

So I guess his death aggrieved white people in Australia, too? Complete nonsense. None of the people who were rioting and looting had ever heard of or met George Floyd. Most of them had never had a negative police encounter in their life. Its comical that you think BLM is an authentic progressive movement here. Their LEADERSHIP is anti-Semitic, as I have explained many times before, and there were MULTIPLE instances of anti-Semitic behavior just this year. Many white supremacists are also anti-Semitic, but the difference between me and you is that I don't SUPPORT the anti-Semites and you do.

People all over the world were shocked and disgusted after the video went viral and shown on every news channel. It's only complete nonsense to say nobody had heard of him when its safe to say everyone had. This is the same as defending the American mercenaries who trump pardoned for the massacre of civilians, the SAS war crimes and now Derek Chauvin and accomplices.

Flag waving and Blue Lives Matter is your and Trump's form of virtue signalling, and it results in resource being  transferred to the agrieved heroes with 250 billion extra signed to them on day 1 by bonespurs, book deals and speaking tours for the criminal thugs in uniform.

Meanwhile not every trump supporter is a white nationalist, but every white nationalist is a trump supporter. If you claim I support any antisemitism in BLM, despite stating the incident in LA u presented was wrong, you must apply the same to yourself and you support all antisemitism of fellow trump supporters.

You shouldn't assume what I think BLM is, because operating under erroneous assumption can be costly. Notice also how all the so called self hating collectivists here already own property and/or have varying degrees of self sufficiency and independence from the state if needed.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 01:41:27 PM by Phil Rumpole »

Offline Ashvin

• Troll
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile

Donít let the taxes and maintenance talk you out of making the right call. Property taxes arenít that bad where you are.....the worst thing about where you live is the state income tax.

There is no 401K that will do as well as your local Arlington area real estate will over your practice career. I know you think you know best.....but letís revisit this in 10-15 years if Iím still around. You should take advantage of the Fedís help..which wonít always be available.So many people I talk to want to bitch about Fed policy. A few smart people actually USE Fed policy. Be one of those.

Buy your land and build a rural place.....but think about buying a duplex or a fourplex.

Looking forward to saying I told you so......as a very wealthy old guy. My portfolio value is growing so fast now....but you need to start younger than I did.

Best of luck in all your endeavors, of course.     :) :)

I live in Montgomery County MD which is higher property taxes. The issue isn't where things are now, it's where they are clearly going. Trust me, much higher taxes all across the board are what's in store across many jurisdictions, certainly Northern VA and Maryland. Interest rates will stay low, but various costs of living and maintenance will get higher. If I really wanted to, I could amass a fortune by taking out business loans, funneling the money into various exempt assets over a few years and then filing bankruptcy. Some of my clients have managed to do that out of sheer dumb luck. But then I wouldn't be able to continue pursuing my goals and having some meaning in life is more important to our survival than money.