AuthorTopic: The Trump Era Is Over  (Read 511 times)

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
The Trump Era Is Over
« on: January 08, 2021, 05:27:19 PM »
No matter what becomes of the so-called Trump base.....that 30-40% of the public who made Trump as a political force to be reckoned, with, Trump the politician jumped the shark on Wednesday, and there is no way he can ever raise big money again for a Presidential campaign;

Republican CEO’s and the elite donor class are wasting no time distancing themselves from all things Trump. He is toast...hoist by his own petard....

I doubt he can raise the money to build a nine hole golf course anywhere in the US....maybe he’ll leave the country like Marc Rich....he’s going to face multiple indictments as soon as he leaves the White House.

I would say that his ego-driven attempt to overturn the results of this election will also make it very unlikely that the courts would uphold his attempts to engineer a a self pardon.  How should I put it?....The complexion of that entire situation has changed.

He will try to pardon himself and his family and close associates. It might work for some of them...but as Michael Cohen keeps saying, if Kushner and Ivanka get a pardon....that makes them ineligible  to invoke the 5th Amendment in any court case that they might be called on to testify against the soon-to-be-ex-President.

I always thought Trump would skate on federal criminal prosecution....because the political class has an unspoken rule about not ratting each other out on matters of mere money.....but Trump’s stock took an Enron on Wednesday. He is no longer safe. If he doesn’t go to jail for tax evasion or some other NY state offense, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him tried for sedition.

And he is guilty of sedition. There is no doubt whatsoever that he personally engineered the circumstance leadings up to the Capitol riot....and he stood up (along with his sycophant Rudy G, and his pathetic son Don Jr.)...and encouraged a partisan crowd to tear up the seat of our federal government. It’s on video. Anybody can watch the rally.

There is also evidence that Trump made sure the Capitol would be under-protected by law enforcement. That goes to Conspiracy.

It wasn’t much of an insurrection.....as coups go, it was no Arab Spring....but whatever it was, it’s on him. He crossed a line and it means he’s done.

It’s not going to do much for the careers of his loyal sycophants either. Josh Hawley is washed up. It remains to be seen what happens with the other rank opportunists who hitched their wagons to Trump. I hope they all get their comeuppance....but I’m not naive enough to think that will simply happen.

But DeVos quitting and Chao quitting....that is the donor class catching the last train outa Dodge.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 02:55:07 PM by Eddie »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Phil Rumpole

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Era Is Over
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 06:30:01 PM »
As Jimmy Kimmel said, it's meaningless giving your 2 weeks notice when there's under 2 weeks left. This famous quote has come to mind a lot in the past couple of days:

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one."
Charles MacKay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

During the initial 12 hr twitter ban, somebody wrote a speech for Trump where he denounced the storming of the Capitol. It clearly was not his own vocabulary or style. Nonetheless, he grudgingly uttered the words,  even if only to get his Twitter back.

The incredible thing is to his followers he never said it at all. I can understand them all not seeing any of the dozens of news stories totally debunking the totally implausible story it is all a false flag and the police invited antifa and BLM into the building. They could even be excused not knowing over 50 police were injured and one died, making that absurd. They can't not know trump made that speech before then making 3 tweets and getting banned permanently. The words never registered at all though, they all believe trump speaks to them in code or something. The cognitive dissonance is mind boggling. How they simultaneously hold that the woman shot when she crossed the last line of defence into the area the politicians were is a "martyr to the cause, assasinsted, politically motivated hit, coming for our women" .. AND antifa/BLM did this not themselves AND as long as you co-operate with police you will be fine, anyone who is shot not cooperating is wholly to blame, makes no sense at all. They are making all kinds of threats implicit and explicit, but scream it is all free speech and nothing should be censored. Look at the thousands of comments under Fuckerbergs statement about it, if you want to waste time.

Alex Jones says he has more traffic to his site since being banned from YouTube than before. Joe Rogan is meant to be the most popular podcaster, but when he had Jones on, the views were ten times the usual, over 8m in 48 hrs. The comments though, were astounding. Jones fans far outweighed anyone defending Rogan by about 99:1, for rudely interrupting by attempting any fact checking. They had nothing to say about Jones bringing his big bottle of "apple juice", getting drunk on air and trying to tempt Rogan who was doing 'sober October', or inviting himself back for live election coverage.

I don't think a 'true believer' of any creed can be persuaded from outside. There's a chance some day something will click for them, but it's small.

https://youtu.be/JoJevzQvaBY
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 06:36:48 PM by Phil Rumpole »
Women are like hurricanes: Wet and wild when they come, take your house when they leave

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 07:36:50 PM »
Well, I have always predicted El Trumpo would self-destruct, and so he has.  Even better than self- destructing though is that he has reduced the Repugnant Party to an even more useless bunch of scumbags than Demodopes.  An impeachment doesn't seem to make much Sense though with only 2 weeks left, the real FUN will be when the criminal cases are brought to trial and watching the Donald do a Perp Walk in a stylish Orange Jumpsuit to a holding pen on Rikers.  Even better than that is watching all the dimwits like GO & Moriarty squirm!  ;D ;D ;D.

RE                                                                 
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Ashvin

• Troll
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Leftist Fascism is Just Beginning as I predicted
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 08:48:01 PM »
Had to check in just to see if anyone here is finally acknowledging the reality that the Democrats and Big Tech have used a small protest (much less violent than Antifa/BLM over the summer, many less deaths) to literally purge the country of all conservative voices who question their totalitarian and fascist narrative. Twitter, Facebook and YouTube voices are being silenced en masse just for questioning their censorship. AOC and her bat shit squad are demanding US senators resign.  Its exactly what happened with German media after Hitler came to power. Good job supporting fascism yet again guys! (not edpell ad moniker, you guys are COOL)

The military and the cops hate these fascist totalitarian assholes. If they try to arrest Trump for some stupid shit like that protest, you can bet your ass he will have their support along with all right wing militias. They better be careful not to overplay their hand here, but they are so blinded by ideology I doubt that's possible. Anyway, carry on with your heads up your asses! I know deep down you guys are embarrassed about how wrong you have been at every turn... its OK, live and learn. I'm logging out again, so don't bother responding because I won't be reading. K-Dog, I thought I told you to delete my account!!

Offline John of Wallan

• Waitstaff
  • You bloody galah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 08:58:35 PM »
Had to check in just to see if anyone here is finally acknowledging the reality that the Democrats and Big Tech have used a small protest (much less violent than Antifa/BLM over the summer, many less deaths) to literally purge the country of all conservative voices who question their totalitarian and fascist narrative. Twitter, Facebook and YouTube voices are being silenced en masse just for questioning their censorship. AOC and her bat shit squad are demanding US senators resign.  Its exactly what happened with German media after Hitler came to power. Good job supporting fascism yet again guys! (not edpell ad moniker, you guys are COOL)

The military and the cops hate these fascist totalitarian assholes. If they try to arrest Trump for some stupid shit like that protest, you can bet your ass he will have their support along with all right wing militias. They better be careful not to overplay their hand here, but they are so blinded by ideology I doubt that's possible. Anyway, carry on with your heads up your asses! I know deep down you guys are embarrassed about how wrong you have been at every turn... its OK, live and learn. I'm logging out again, so don't bother responding because I won't be reading. K-Dog, I thought I told you to delete my account!!

Ego bigger than Trumps.

JOW

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 06:16:06 AM »
Well, I have always predicted El Trumpo would self-destruct, and so he has.  Even better than self- destructing though is that he has reduced the Repugnant Party to an even more useless bunch of scumbags than Demodopes.  An impeachment doesn't seem to make much Sense though with only 2 weeks left, the real FUN will be when the criminal cases are brought to trial and watching the Donald do a Perp Walk in a stylish Orange Jumpsuit to a holding pen on Rikers.  Even better than that is watching all the dimwits like GO & Moriarty squirm!  ;D ;D ;D.

RE                                                               

The news just keeps coming in and it gets more outrageous all the time.

The wife of Clarence Thomas paid for the buses that brought the protestors to the capital.  The Supreme Court is involved.  Looks like Trump had at least one judge after all.  It gets more weird all the time.  I saw the video of the woman being shot in the neck tonight.  Violent, f-ed up and I'm not forgetting news of three of the deaths were held back and we still lack details.  5 dead in this clusterfuck.  One to four to five.  What?  This is not an avalanche where St. Bernards have to be used.  Then delays would be reasonable.  The shitshow is being managed as much as it can be.

So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.”
― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

If his ass in not impeached before the screen door hits it history books are going to make us all look like shit.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 06:23:17 AM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 06:31:36 AM »

Ego bigger than Trumps.

JOW

Ashvin said we should carry on with
your heads up your asses!
One thing we can be sure of is Ashvin does not have his head up his ass.  If he did it would hurt bad!

Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.