AuthorTopic: Global Currency Reset  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Global Currency Reset
« on: September 19, 2015, 12:12:09 PM »
I'll admit that I have a favorable impression of Dutch people, based on my own experience. Much of what is good about this country comes from them, and not from my uptight Puritan ancestors. This guy is one smart Dutchman, imho. He has something out new this week, an interview on TF Metals (which I no longer pay much attention to, btw) but I haven't listened to it yet.

He wrote a book about the currency reset (in 2013?) and this is a good interview from about a year ago. if you listen to it, you will notice that he hasn't been right about silver, so far. This doesn't mean (to me anyway) that he won't ultimately be right. Markets have a way of staying irrational, etc., etc.

So, we have all these people now talking about a global currency reset. Including IMF point woman LaGarde, who is shown here in a clip actually taking the time to read a pre-prepared note about the subject, last July. As Middelkoop points out, this is a concept that would have given you very few hits if you did a google search a couple of years ago, but now is whispered everywhere, especially in the youtubes of the conspiracy theorists.

Just because they're paranoid doesn't mean somebody isn't out to get them. :)

Middelkoop is no nut job. He's gotten rich understanding what is coming next.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yTLLDbw175k&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yTLLDbw175k&fs=1</a>
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 12:47:54 PM by Eddie »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Global Currency Reset
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 01:33:19 PM »
Like me, Middelkoop likes the Norwegian Krone.

I have never taken the trouble to figure out the best way to actually own Krone, however. Perhaps GO or one of you other Forex traders out there might weigh in on that? RE?

The whole time we've discussed the Krone here, which has been a couple of years, at least, it's been falling v. the USD.

I do know that this isn't a chart that a traditional chartist would view as a buy signal.

If one were to actually want to hold Krone on deposit somewhere, it might be wise to do take a position incrementally, since the dollar will likely go up-up-up until one day it crashes and burns dramatically. Just a thought. Discuss and dissect my assumptions, please.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 01:37:14 PM by Eddie »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Global Currency Reset: CURRENCY SURVEY CLOSES MONDAY-VOTE NOW!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 02:52:06 PM »

Well, it gives away some of my ordering, but IMHO the Krone goes down before the Dollar does, although in the near term it might appreciate some, but not by more than 10% or so.

I think for people living in Europe the Krone is a good choice of currencies to hold, not so much if you live in Amerika.  Even if the dollar collapses before the krone, you're not going to be able to use krone here to buy anything.

If you did want to hold krone overseas, you'll need to set up a foreign bank account in Norway or Switzerland.  You'll have to fly there to do it Sovereign Man style, and I'm not sure what the laws are these days, I know they are getting much more restrictive on this.  Some foreign banks won't even open accounts for people holding an Amerikan passport.  Once you do have a foreign account, you can convert dollars to krone from your bank account here and do wire transfer to your overseas account in krone.  XE does these transfers.

Far as all the jawboning about a currency reset, I don't think this does anything other than re-denominate the debt.  The banksters aren't going to give up debt and double entry accounting, that's what makes them uber-rich.  Insofar as getting everyone on board, this means that every country has to give up sovereignty over it's money supply to the BIS.  The Brits wouldn't even give up sovereignty to take on the Euro, and I sure can't see the FSoA giving up sovereignty or China or Russia.  I think this is a wet dream of Central Banksters, but I don't think it can be done.

Anyhow, as I have said before, this isn't really a monetary problem, it's a resource problem.  I thinkt he time is about up where financial accounting gimmicks like currency resets can do anything to paper over the problem.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Palloy

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • https://palloy.wordpress.com
Re: Global Currency Reset
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 11:22:22 PM »

Norway?  Way past its Peak Oil, just past its Peak Gas, and one of the most expensive places in the world to live.
The State is a body of armed men