Doomstead Diner Menu > The Kitchen Sink

Diner Memorable Quotes

(1/9) > >>

RE:
This thread will record memorable quotes made by Diners.  I will record all the "Quote of the Month" quotes that I put up on the Newz Page on the Diner Blog.

Diners are also free to add any Memorable Quotes from any other thread on the board here.  Please remember to Link Back to the original post in its original thread if you do that.

RE

RE:
Member Quote of the Month
Frostbite Falls Daily Rant

--- Quote from: roamer ---Sort of an ironic thing to do on the craziest doomer board out there, but really I think there is some sort of crazy deep optimism here at DD.  Nobody looks at the BIG situation in all its potential gore like the folks at DD.  Perhaps for that reason we might be best suited to pioneering the least worst option....Regardless I for one enjoy your writing more than any collapse talk out there, it has spirit behind it and hands down the best pictures and youtube clips, so thank you for your work!
--- End quote ---

RE:
Re: Christians Debate Christianity

Reply #36 on: June 26, 2012, 05:34:05 PM

--- Quote from: Karpatok ---Archie, that is the incredible thing about the diner. So far I find these people amazingly honest, forthright and without an ax to grind. And apparently they don't all think alike. They have quite different views but at the same time are respectful and tolerant of each other. I think that is because they had a previous history together on another site. Be that as it may, it's really RE who sets the tone here and in good humanist fashion he is willing to discuss anything. I really appreciate the lack of authoritativeness and didacticism in the tone here and I share the values of openness and willingness to allow people to share their POV. Above all I cannot bear censorship.
--- End quote ---

RE:
From Diner WHD in the Obsolescence of the Obsolete thread.

RE

Re: Obsolescence of the Obsolete
Reply #13 on: Today at 04:26:03 PM

--- Quote from: WHD ---You may be an ASSHOLE, and you do have an ego BIGGER than the known universe, but you have a big heart too, bigger than most, even with and despite some of your EXTREME POV's. Something like a blogging savant, which few of us, even the most prolific of us, can maintain, or care to aspire to. I'm certainly thankful for the Diner, and it has become something like my go-to place for relevant info, not just what you present, but a half-dozen regular contributors here, who on the whole make this one of the truly most truly insightful websites on the internet. Thanks to you and thanks to all.
--- End quote ---

JoeP:

--- Quote from: RE on April 21, 1974, 02:48:09 PM ---
Real Slavery in the way we perceive it today only came about with the advent of Agriculture.  There wasn't much point to it before that, because everyone was involved in the collection of food anyhow.

RE

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version