AuthorTopic: Enneagram Psychological Profiling  (Read 67361 times)

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Enneagram Psychological Profiling
« on: October 08, 2015, 07:21:14 AM »
Oh, please. Let's not split hairs.

I'm a doom agnostic. I don't think the future can be calculated with any degree of certainty. I think Guy is wrong about the timeline, and I HOPE he's wrong about the level of extinction.

The thing I see about Guy is that he literally had it made, with his desert home and his goats and his straw bale house and his neighbors. How many people would just love to have what he had, or has...even for a short time? But he can't seem to get past this sense of obligation he has to try to save a world that won't be saved.

I know people with that personality trait. They are Enneagram Type Ones. Guy is a Type 1 with a 9 wing, most likely.

Type One In Brief

Ones are conscientious and ethical, with a strong sense of right and wrong. They are teachers, crusaders, and advocates for change: always striving to improve things, but afraid of making a mistake. Well-organized, orderly, and fastidious, they try to maintain high standards, but can slip into being critical and perfectionistic. They typically have problems with resentment and impatience. At Their Best: wise, discerning, realistic, and noble. Can be morally heroic.

Basic Fear: Of being corrupt/evil, defective
Basic Desire: To be good, to have integrity, to be balanced
Enneagram One with a Nine-Wing: “The Idealist”

https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/type-1/#sthash.rYrjW8Vr.dpuf

« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:51:42 AM by RE »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Add Guy to the list of Burnt Out Bloggers.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 07:38:41 AM »
This is Guy, to a T.

Ones believe that being strict with themselves (and eventually becoming “perfect”) will justify them in their own eyes and in the eyes of others. But by attempting to create their own brand of perfection, they often create their own personal hell. Instead of agreeing with the statement in Genesis that God saw what He had created, “and it was good,” Ones intensely feel that “It wasn’t—there obviously have been some mistakes here!” This orientation makes it difficult for them to trust their inner guidance—indeed, to trust life—so Ones come to rely heavily on their superego, a learned voice from their childhood, to guide them toward “the greater good” which they so passionately seek. When Ones have gotten completely entranced in their personality, there is little distinction between them and this severe, unforgiving voice. Separating from it and seeing its genuine strengths and limitations is what growth for Ones is about.

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 07:43:32 AM »
He's in good company.

Famous Examples

Confucius, Plato, Salahuddin Ayyubi, Joan of Arc, Sir Thomas More, Mahatma Gandhi, Pope John Paul II, Nelson Mandela, Margaret Thatcher, Prince Charles, Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, Jimmy Carter, Michelle Obama, Al Gore, Hilary Clinton, Rudy Giuliani, Elliot Spitzer, Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, Osama bin Laden, George Bernard Shaw, Thoreau, Dr. Jack Kevorkian, Anita Roddick (The Body Shop), Martha Stewart, Chef Thomas Keller, Michio Kushi (macrobiotics), George Harrison, Joan Baez, Celine Dion, Ralph Nader, Noam Chomsky, Bill Moyers, George F. Will, William F. Buckley, Keith Olbermann, Jerry Seinfeld, Bill Maher, Tina Fey, Katherine Hepburn, Maggie Smith, Emma Thompson, Julie Andrews, Vanessa Redgrave, Jane Fonda, Meryl Streep, Harrison Ford, Helen Hunt, Captain “Sully” Sullenberger, “Mary Poppins,” “Mr. Spock,” SNL’s “The Church Lady”

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 07:52:05 AM »
He's in good company.

Famous Examples

Confucius, Plato, Salahuddin Ayyubi, Joan of Arc, Sir Thomas More, Mahatma Gandhi, Pope John Paul II, Nelson Mandela, Margaret Thatcher, Prince Charles, Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, Jimmy Carter, Michelle Obama, Al Gore, Hilary Clinton, Rudy Giuliani, Elliot Spitzer, Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, Osama bin Laden, George Bernard Shaw, Thoreau, Dr. Jack Kevorkian, Anita Roddick (The Body Shop), Martha Stewart, Chef Thomas Keller, Michio Kushi (macrobiotics), George Harrison, Joan Baez, Celine Dion, Ralph Nader, Noam Chomsky, Bill Moyers, George F. Will, William F. Buckley, Keith Olbermann, Jerry Seinfeld, Bill Maher, Tina Fey, Katherine Hepburn, Maggie Smith, Emma Thompson, Julie Andrews, Vanessa Redgrave, Jane Fonda, Meryl Streep, Harrison Ford, Helen Hunt, Captain “Sully” Sullenberger, “Mary Poppins,” “Mr. Spock,” SNL’s “The Church Lady”

Count me out of THAT list!  LOL.

So tell me, where in this taxonomy do *I* fit?

Also, who are my Compadres?  Uncle Joe Stalin and Cousin Pol Pot?   :icon_mrgreen:

While you're at it, can you do this ID work for the rest of the Diners?  I would LOVE to know who Uncle Bob fits in with!  You too!  LOL.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 08:00:45 AM »
You clearly either do not understand the taxonomy, or are deliberately spreading disinformation.

RE

Why would I deliberately spread disinformation?

You clearly do not understand that people have different opinions of people that label themselves as something else.

As mentioned to you many times, reading for comprehension before barking is a skill that blogger admins should become adept at..

You and others here considered Alan a troll, Myself and a few others did not.  Got it about how people differ on interpretations of labels?

You classify yourself as Full Doom, and talk about Save as Many as You Can.  They are incompatible in IMO.

Kindly don't categorize me as a spreader of disinformation for having a difference of opinion on what a label really means.

As for gold bugs thinking gold can save the monetary system, they don't think it, they Know It.

See how two people can differ on the traits of one labeled a Gold Bug as well?  Read for comprehension. 
                                                                                                                                                                        :Thinkingof_:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 08:16:35 AM by Golden Oxen »

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 08:01:49 AM »
I'm a four, with a three wing.

You're pretty easy to parse out. You're an 8.

Type Eight Overview

We have named personality type Eight The Challenger because, of all the types, Eights enjoy taking on challenges themselves as well as giving others opportunities that challenge them to exceed themselves in some way. Eights are charismatic and have the physical and psychological capacities to persuade others to follow them into all kinds of endeavors—from starting a company, to rebuilding a city, to running a household, to waging war, to making peace.

Eights have enormous willpower and vitality, and they feel most alive when they are exercising these capacities in the world. They use their abundant energy to effect changes in their environment—to “leave their mark” on it—but also to keep the environment, and especially other people, from hurting them and those they care about. At an early age, Eights understand that this requires strength, will, persistence, and endurance—qualities that they develop in themselves and which they look for in others.

Famous Examples

G.I. Gurdjieff, Richard Wagner, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, Oskar Schindler, Fidel Castro, Martin Luther King, Jr., Lyndon Johnson, Mikhail Gorbachev, Golda Meir, Indira Gandhi, Saddam Hussein, Senator John McCain, Pablo Picasso, Ernest Hemingway, Norman Mailer, Toni Morrison, Serena Williams, James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Keith Richards, Queen Latifah, Courtney Love, Jack Black, Chrissie Hynde, Pink, John Wayne, Frank Sinatra, Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall, Bette Davis, Mae West, Sean Connery, Paul Newman, Clint Eastwood, Tommy Lee Jones, Jack Nicholson, Susan Sarandon, Russell Crowe, Sean Penn, Harvey Keitel, Matt Damon, Alec Baldwin, Roseanne Barr, Barbara Walters, Rosie O’Donnell, “Dr. Phil” McGraw, “Tony Soprano”

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 08:15:50 AM »
I'm a four, with a three wing.

You're pretty easy to parse out. You're an 8.

Type Eight Overview

We have named personality type Eight The Challenger because, of all the types, Eights enjoy taking on challenges themselves as well as giving others opportunities that challenge them to exceed themselves in some way. Eights are charismatic and have the physical and psychological capacities to persuade others to follow them into all kinds of endeavors—from starting a company, to rebuilding a city, to running a household, to waging war, to making peace.

Eights have enormous willpower and vitality, and they feel most alive when they are exercising these capacities in the world. They use their abundant energy to effect changes in their environment—to “leave their mark” on it—but also to keep the environment, and especially other people, from hurting them and those they care about. At an early age, Eights understand that this requires strength, will, persistence, and endurance—qualities that they develop in themselves and which they look for in others.

Famous Examples

G.I. Gurdjieff, Richard Wagner, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, Oskar Schindler, Fidel Castro, Martin Luther King, Jr., Lyndon Johnson, Mikhail Gorbachev, Golda Meir, Indira Gandhi, Saddam Hussein, Senator John McCain, Pablo Picasso, Ernest Hemingway, Norman Mailer, Toni Morrison, Serena Williams, James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Keith Richards, Queen Latifah, Courtney Love, Jack Black, Chrissie Hynde, Pink, John Wayne, Frank Sinatra, Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall, Bette Davis, Mae West, Sean Connery, Paul Newman, Clint Eastwood, Tommy Lee Jones, Jack Nicholson, Susan Sarandon, Russell Crowe, Sean Penn, Harvey Keitel, Matt Damon, Alec Baldwin, Roseanne Barr, Barbara Walters, Rosie O’Donnell, “Dr. Phil” McGraw, “Tony Soprano”

Wow!  I like that list of Compadres!

Illuminati Scumbag Winston Churchill!  Bogey & Bacall!  JACK NICHOLSON!    :icon_mrgreen:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9FnO3igOkOk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9FnO3igOkOk</a>

How about Prof. Moriarty?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 08:21:03 AM »

See how two people can differ on the traits of one labeled a Gold Bug as well?  Read for comprehension. 

YOU read for comprehension!  I defined the Taxonomy.  You are purposefully misinterpreting it for your own ends.

If you want to define your own taxonomy, feel free to do so, but long as you use the one I defined, please read for comprehension and stick to the definitions I laid out.

Thank you for your cooperation.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 08:26:53 AM »
Type Four In Brief

Fours are self-aware, sensitive, and reserved. They are emotionally honest, creative, and personal, but can also be moody and self-conscious. Withholding themselves from others due to feeling vulnerable and defective, they can also feel disdainful and exempt from ordinary ways of living. They typically have problems with melancholy, self-indulgence, and self-pity. At Their Best: inspired and highly creative, they are able to renew themselves and transform their experiences.

Basic Fear: That they have no identity or personal significance
Basic Desire: To find themselves and their significance (to create an identity)

Famous Examples

Rumi, Frédéric Chopin, Pyotr I. Tchaikovsky, Gustav Mahler, Jackie Kennedy Onassis, Edgar Allen Poe, Yukio Mishima, Virginia Woolf, Anne Frank , Karen Blixen/Isak Dinesen, Anaîs Nin, Tennessee Williams, J.D. Salinger, Anne Rice, Frida Kahlo, Diane Arbus, Martha Graham, Rudolf Nureyev, Cindy Sherman, Hank Williams, Billie Holiday, Judy Garland, Maria Callas, Miles Davis, Keith Jarrett, Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, Paul Simon, Leonard Cohen, Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens), Ferron, Cher, Stevie Nicks, Annie Lennox, Prince, Sarah McLachlan, Alanis Morrisette, Feist, Florence ( + the Machine) Welch, Amy Winehouse, Ingmar Bergman, Lars von Trier, Marlon Brando, Jeremy Irons, Angelina Jolie, Winona Ryder, Kate Winslet, Nicolas Cage, Johnny Depp, tattoo artist Kat Von D., magician Criss Angel, A Streetcar Named Desire’s “Blanche duBois”

On review, I'd say I'm more of a 5 wing than 3 wing. Because this really does describe my personality:

Healthy side of this five) wing brings a withdrawn, complex creativity. May be somewhat intellectual but have exceptional depth of feeling and insight. Very much their own person; original and idiosyncratic. Have a spiritual and aesthetic openness. Will find multiple levels of meaning to most events. May have a strong need and ability to pour themselves into artistic creations. Loners; can seem enigmatic and hard to read. Externally reserved and internally resonant. When they open up it can be sudden and total. When entranced or defensive, Fours with a 5 wing can easily feel alienated and depressed. Many have a sense of not belonging, of being from another planet. Can get lost in their own process, drown in their own ocean. Whiny - tend to ruminate and relive past experience. Prone to the emotion of shame. Air of sullen, withdrawn disappointment. May live within a private mythology of pain and loss. Can get deeply morbid and fall in love with death.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 08:33:41 AM »
You define nothing (0) for my interpretation, but your own views and ideas.

You are not talking to one of your students.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 08:36:20 AM »
Sean Connery!  :icon_sunny:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xPZ6eaL3S2E" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xPZ6eaL3S2E</a>

RE
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 08:47:06 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 08:38:22 AM »
You define nothing (0) for my interpretation, but your own views and ideas.

You are not talking to one of your students.

If you can't stick to and agree to the definitions, we have no basis for conversation.  This is finished.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 08:43:59 AM »
Frank Sinatra!  :icon_sunny:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jjAnmlEN8rI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jjAnmlEN8rI</a>

RE
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 08:47:49 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 08:52:07 AM »
Winston Churchill!  :icon_sunny:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CyoMp2JceOw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/CyoMp2JceOw</a>

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 08:52:56 AM »
Frank Sinatra, Sean Connery

See how it resonates when you finally identify your true personality? It can be a revelation of importance. It really was for me.