AuthorTopic: Enneagram Psychological Profiling  (Read 67318 times)

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Enneagram Psychological Profiling
« Reply #270 on: November 04, 2015, 12:14:41 PM »
This is why I don't participate in this neer-do-well crap.
It's just a way of putting folks in boxes.

On the Myers-Briggs, and even the IQ test,  I'd have to agree with you. But not on the enneagram. It gives good info, useful to the person doing his own personal inquiry. To each his own, though.

You know, yesterday, I found out that the Gene Keys guy is also big into the Human Design thing.....which I don't know that much about, but I find it somewhat intriguing.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 04, 2015, 12:21:49 PM »

On the Myers-Briggs, and even the IQ test,  I'd have to agree with you. But not on the enneagram. It gives good info, useful to the person doing his own personal inquiry. To each his own, though.

You know, yesterday, I found out that the Gene Keys guy is also big into the Human Design thing.....which I don't know that much about, but I find it somewhat intriguing.

The matrix has conditioned all of us to seek outside for the answers.
It can't be further from the truth.
All the answers are already in us. In fact the Akashic records are already in us.
Case in point, 2 of our shining stars here, (names withheld for embarrassment purposes)
find it much easier to take other peoples inventory than to look at their own pathetic lives.
But to each his own. We all have our slo-mo train wrecks right on schedule. I've had several.
Loads of carnage. But it's a good thing.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 04, 2015, 12:34:16 PM »
I hung out with our friend Bill for nearly 18 years once. Now back on track for more carnage.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 04, 2015, 01:11:33 PM »
I hung out with our friend Bill for nearly 18 years once. Now back on track for more carnage.

Cool ........
Yeah, you mentioned that a while back.
Git-er-done Custer  :emthup:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 04, 2015, 01:27:27 PM »

Did I? I'm repeating myself again...Sorry.

I'm tryin' but the hangovers are harder on me now than they used to be.

I was doin' fine til I went to that P-Funk concert.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wha9d5AcsRc&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wha9d5AcsRc&fs=1</a>

Just a word to the wise, fwiw. Steer clear.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 04, 2015, 01:34:01 PM »

Did I? I'm repeating myself again...Sorry.

I'm tryin' but the hangovers are harder on me now than they used to be.

I was doin' fine til I went to that P-Funk concert.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wha9d5AcsRc&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wha9d5AcsRc&fs=1</a>

Just a word to the wise, fwiw. Steer clear.

EYE YI YI
That's not music, that's torture.
If it's not at 432hz
It's poison to the brain.
Like most everything now a days.
GMO tunes - BLECK !

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 06, 2015, 02:46:19 PM »

Some aspects do change,  but
On the Mye-Briggs, and even the IQ test,  I'd have to agree with you. But not on the enneagram. It gives good info,

If i put the majority of diners into INTJ on the MB which im barely familiar with and the results coming in confirm it, dont u think profiling is useful to predict some things.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 06, 2015, 02:55:46 PM »

Some aspects do change,  but
On the Mye-Briggs, and even the IQ test,  I'd have to agree with you. But not on the enneagram. It gives good info,

If i put the majority of diners into INTJ on the MB which im barely familiar with and the results coming in confirm it, dont u think profiling is useful to predict some things.

You are correct sir  :emthup:

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 06, 2015, 03:36:16 PM »

You are correct sir  :emthup:

U r also correct about putting people in boxes with biases. Ive seen court reports where pathological liars were reported as having high moral standards and others who scored low on agression and violence reported as having a high level of defensiveness on those, because the tester presumed they were guilty before evidence came out they were not guilty. Judges tend to follow these reports so it has a big impact.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 06, 2015, 04:16:06 PM »

Enneagrams are way better boxing than M-B.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 06, 2015, 05:02:28 PM »
I don't know if you remember, but the one prediction I made that turned out to be spot on was that there would be a lot of INTJ's, which I based on a previous episode of self-reported personality typing a few years ago on The Burning Platform site.

The problem with M-B, imho, which I said before, is that it is a very limited, static, snapshot view. The E-Type is much deeper and more dynamic in its assessment, and offers more insight to someone really interested in self-knowledge. We hardly scratched the surface in what you can learn from it. You can study it for years and keep peeling back more layers of the onion, so to speak.

It's also good for people in relationships to understand their partner's E-Type and whether they are a physical sexual type or an emotional sexual type. With that knowledge you have a set of tools to help you get through life together. Behaviors that seemed inexplicable will begin to make perfect sense.

My partner is not that into E-types, but I know that she figures out the sexual type of everyone she knows. Once you learn to do it, you get used to just doing it with everyone you know, because it's useful. People are very predictable if you can grasp their early childhood patterns of learned behavior, which they seldom deviate from in their adult lives. jmho.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
RE Personality Disorder
« Reply #281 on: December 11, 2015, 08:24:12 AM »
Personality Disorder Test Results

Paranoid    ||||||||||    40%    50%
Schizoid    ||||||||||||    47%    40%
Schizotypal    ||||||||||||||||||    72%    56%
Antisocial    ||||||||||||||    52%    46%
Borderline    ||||||||||||    44%    45%
Histrionic    ||||||    28%    52%
Narcissistic    ||||||||||||    49%    40%
Avoidant    ||||||||||    35%    48%
Dependent    ||||||||||    34%    44%
Obsessive-Compulsive    ||||||||||||    44%    45%
*scores in gray are the average web score
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Mister Roboto

• Bussing Staff
  • The first thing to collapse will be common sense.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 31, 2016, 07:42:22 PM »
I'm an INFJ, but on the "thinking-feeling" spectrum, I think I'm closer to the middle than the far end of the "feeling" side. Also, I did some reading up on "The Bohemian" enneagram type, and it turns out that the dark side of "The Bohemian" is, well, "The Goth Kid" (morbid, gloomy, in love with death, etc.). I'll bet more than a few doomers have an inner goth kid!  :laugh:

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 31, 2016, 08:03:17 PM »
I'm an INFJ, but on the "thinking-feeling" spectrum, I think I'm closer to the middle than the far end of the "feeling" side. Also, I did some reading up on "The Bohemian" enneagram type, and it turns out that the dark side of "The Bohemian" is, well, "The Goth Kid" (morbid, gloomy, in love with death, etc.). I'll bet more than a few doomers have an inner goth kid!  :laugh:

Nice 2 C U again MR!  :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Add Guy to the list of Burnt Out Bloggers.
« Reply #284 on: November 27, 2016, 03:50:12 AM »
He's in good company.

Famous Examples

Confucius, Plato, Salahuddin Ayyubi, Joan of Arc, Sir Thomas More, Mahatma Gandhi, Pope John Paul II, Nelson Mandela, Margaret Thatcher, Prince Charles, Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, Jimmy Carter, Michelle Obama, Al Gore, Hilary Clinton, Rudy Giuliani, Elliot Spitzer, Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, Osama bin Laden, George Bernard Shaw, Thoreau, Dr. Jack Kevorkian, Anita Roddick (The Body Shop), Martha Stewart, Chef Thomas Keller, Michio Kushi (macrobiotics), George Harrison, Joan Baez, Celine Dion, Ralph Nader, Noam Chomsky, Bill Moyers, George F. Will, William F. Buckley, Keith Olbermann, Jerry Seinfeld, Bill Maher, Tina Fey, Katherine Hepburn, Maggie Smith, Emma Thompson, Julie Andrews, Vanessa Redgrave, Jane Fonda, Meryl Streep, Harrison Ford, Helen Hunt, Captain “Sully” Sullenberger, “Mary Poppins,” “Mr. Spock,” SNL’s “The Church Lady”

Count me out of THAT list!  LOL.

So tell me, where in this taxonomy do *I* fit?

Also, who are my Compadres?  Uncle Joe Stalin and Cousin Pol Pot?   :icon_mrgreen:

While you're at it, can you do this ID work for the rest of the Diners?  I would LOVE to know who Uncle Bob fits in with!  You too!  LOL.

RE

I have no wish to be counted out of a list of necessarily flawed people.
Gotta go with the wrench. Because fuck you.