AuthorTopic: Enneagram Psychological Profiling  (Read 67320 times)

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Enneagram Psychological Profiling
« Reply #255 on: November 01, 2015, 12:35:35 PM »
I have been working all morning since around 6 AM analyzing and compiling the Survey Data.  I am still not nearly done and it is approaching lunchtime.

Here's the survey stat parameters:

Estimated Population Size of Doomers on the Net: 40,000
Sample Size: 121 Doomers
Confidence Level: 95%
Margin of Error: 10%

The data this survey has brought in is just astounding on many levels.

I will publish full stats and analysis on Tuesday.

RE

There are posters on FB wanting to know the results.

How did you derive 40,000?
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 01, 2015, 12:42:48 PM »
I have been working all morning since around 6 AM analyzing and compiling the Survey Data.  I am still not nearly done and it is approaching lunchtime.

Here's the survey stat parameters:

Estimated Population Size of Doomers on the Net: 40,000
Sample Size: 121 Doomers
Confidence Level: 95%
Margin of Error: 10%

The data this survey has brought in is just astounding on many levels.

I will publish full stats and analysis on Tuesday.

RE

There are posters on FB wanting to know the results.

How did you derive 40,000?

I got 40K because besides being Admin here, I am Admin on Gail's OFW and Guy's NBL, plus r/collapse publishes their Subscriber Numbers.  Then I look at total traffic across the blogs on my server (you know who they are), and I look at the numbers on Google Analytics and Alexa.  It's still a guess because there is so much crossover readership and there are bots running around every site to beat the band, but 40,000 seems about right to me.
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 02, 2015, 05:40:55 PM »
PHEW!

Data compilation and article now finished, including graphics!  What a project!  ::)

I compiled the data at 121 Respondents, we are now up to 125.  If the data keeps coming in, I will do an update for New Year's time.

The data set is just fascinating.  I am providing a full download of the spreadsheet for anyone that wants to do more stats on it.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 02, 2015, 05:49:12 PM »
I'm very interested in what you found out.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 02, 2015, 06:21:00 PM »
I'm very interested in what you found out.

It's astounding.  Really it is.  It is very revealing of the Doomer Community, who reads it, who posts etc.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Collapse Psychological Profile Results
« Reply #260 on: November 03, 2015, 02:59:10 AM »
I had to remove the auto-copy from WP -->SMF.  It was too big for the SMF.

You will need to go to the blog to see the results of the survey to date.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Collapse Psychological Profile Results
« Reply #261 on: November 03, 2015, 04:29:09 AM »
Pretty cool. Fives? Guess that shouldn't surprise me.

I'm not a 5 btw. I'm a 4w3.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 08:26:15 AM by Eddie »

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Collapse Psychological Profile Results
« Reply #262 on: November 03, 2015, 08:28:20 AM »
Pretty cool. Fives? Guess that shouldn't surprise me.

I'm not a 5 btw. I'm a 4w3.

I remembered 5w4 for some reason.  I'll go fix it.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re:Collapse Psychological Profile Results --- For Mr. Roboto
« Reply #263 on: November 03, 2015, 09:02:32 AM »
Should he drop by:

E-Types are essentially early childhood coping strategies we learned in order to fit into our family of origin. Depending on the behavior of those people we call parents, as well as our birth order and ages and personalities of our sibs (and other influences), we tend to fall into certain patterns in the way we REACT to the behavior of others.

Because they are considered LEARNED behavior, they are often referred to as our "false personality", although that probably isn't a great term. The beauty of learning your true E-type is that it can help you connect with your true personality, or essence as it's often called.

Each E-type is responding to a particular type of early childhood FEAR. For fours, it is the fear of being abandoned, or the feeling that you have been abandoned. I am a four myself, and coming to terms with that knowledge was very liberating for me. I came to see how that had flavored my relationships throughout life.

On the zodiac connection, let me say that there is no real correlation between E-type and your sun sign. Any sun sign can have any E-type. Perhaps, though, you are correct in saying that the broad descriptions of various sun signs might be somewhat analogous to personality types.

As  someone who is interested in astrology, you might be interested to know that, in general, it is said (at least I've read it in more than one source) that one's appearance to others, in terms of  astrological sign, usually matches not your sun sign, but rather your RISING sign.

So, as a Sagittarius with Pisces rising, I might appear to resemble the broad description of a Pisces.

For anyone who wants to really fall down the rabbit hole astrologically, try out the school known as Human Design. I make no claims as to its validity, but reading about it, and doing charts on people I know, has been extremely interesting. Just in case you might want to check that one out. :)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 10:27:36 AM by Eddie »

Offline Mister Roboto

• Bussing Staff
  • The first thing to collapse will be common sense.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 03, 2015, 09:52:43 AM »
Since there is no corresponding e-type to Taurus, I wasn't looking for a Sun Sign correlation for myself. But Taurus (Fixed Earth) is ruled by Venus, which also rules Libra (Cardinal Air). My Venus is in Gemini (Mutable Air), so it makes sense to me that Venus in either of the other two Air Signs would scan in an at least somewhat Libra fashion.

Also, my Venus squares (which is a "hard aspect") Pluto, ruler of Scorpio (Fixed Water), as well as Uranus, and Pluto and Uranus in my chart are in conjunction in Virgo (Mutable Earth).

Just as importantly, my Mars is in Libra in a trining ("easy aspect") relationship with that Venus in Gemini. This form of "Marriage of Venus and Mars" as the person who introduced me to astrology called it, is a HUGE saving grace in my chart because not only does it provide balance by giving me a measure of the "Masculine" element of Air (my chart tends to be dominated by the "Feminine" elements of Earth and Water), but the effect of a Mars-Venus Trine in Air Signs imparts a likability to my personality that often saves me from being truly fucked over by my own frequent lack of common sense.

So what I'm trying to say is that I tend to think it's the way my Venus shakes out that I scan as a 4w5 "Bohemian", with a definite helping hand from Mars.

Yeah, I have abandonment issues up the wazoo. Having a needy, sensitive, reactive Pisces Moon (The Moon is your innermost picture of yourself along with your emotional nature) sure doesn't help with that. It's my understanding that abandonment issues are frequently associated with Plutonian personality types (though being too intense for their own good, Plutonians frequently bring the abandonment on themselves either deliberately or "accidentally").

My Rising Sign is Cancer, BTW.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 04, 2015, 10:03:48 AM »
The Survey continues to accumulate new respondents, now up to 141 over the 121 I did the initial data analysis on.

I will continue to Plug it and see if I can get the respondents up to 200 by New Year's.

For a brief update here, the percentage of GENIUS Doomers (IQ 150+) has increased substantially to 5.69% and also the Doctoral Degrees have increased in percentage to 7.91%.

The INTJs and 5w6 crowd continues to dominate on the Personality Profile level.  More Females have dropped in and their percentage is now up to 18%.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 04, 2015, 10:50:08 AM »
My moon is in Ares, like Steve Jobs. LOL.

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 04, 2015, 11:33:02 AM »
I fairly amazed at the level of response to this survey. Some pretty good comments, too.

Doomerz iz all geniuses.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 04, 2015, 11:36:25 AM »
I fairly amazed at the level of response to this survey. Some pretty good comments, too.

Doomerz iz all geniuses.

This is why I don't participate in this neer-do-well crap.
It's just a way of putting folks in boxes.
Boxes are meant to be stepped out of
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 04, 2015, 11:40:44 AM »
It's been a while since I've applied for a J O B.....
But it is my understanding now that a person has to wade
through pages of this nonsense, to see if someone is mentally
"fit" to work for a company. Basically, "they" want to see if your
a thief or a suckup-kissass
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind