AuthorTopic: Cyber Security Solution  (Read 1125 times)

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Cyber Security Solution
« on: November 27, 2016, 07:09:21 AM »
Real time monitoring of every human mind on the planet. Thoughts?
Gotta go with the wrench. Because fuck you.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Cyber Security Solution
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 07:34:08 AM »

For what purpose? Over 90% are most likely members of the Dim.

Those that show leadership qualities, backbones, distrust of authority, original ideas of merit, academic excellence etc., would be more likely candidates for such monitoring by the swill.

The Dim are not a problem unless resource scarcity becomes a topic, and then they are easily poisoned by the current dictators they are obedient to and admire for their greatness.

"GMO foods are good for you, but you are not allowed to know it's them by labels.

"Let's Pass it, Then Find Out What's in It."

"Cigarettes are OK. There is no proof they cause disease."

"Baking exposed in the hot sun for 10 hours daily is very healthy and a wonderful natural source of Vitamin D"

Why monitor the Dim?  :icon_scratch:

Dim 

Atomic Tests Were a Tourist Draw in 1950s Las Vegas

http://www.citylab.com/politics/2014/08/atomic-tests-were-a-tourist-draw-in-1950s-las-vegas/375802/ :icon_study:

« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 07:48:53 AM by Golden Oxen »

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 11:37:15 AM »

Automated monitoring of meta-data identifies Targeted Individuals.  Targeted individuals are then monitored (and/or fucked with) at any level a situation demands. The surveillance net fishes in real time and aways has; however the real time monitoring net grows as algorithms are refined and new hardware is developed.

Secure employment for the red-neck software engineer will make America great again!  I could say it will seal our doom by preventing innovation and rational examination of issues but as I have learned our doom is already sealed.  A draconian big brother will not stifle American thought or action.  We stifle our own thoughts, and we mire ourselves in sloth very well on our own thank you very much.  That is what American freedom is, and to rational examination of issues, that is a place I won't even go.

We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 11:47:40 AM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 01:51:39 PM »
I'm not comfortable not counting myself among "the dim". I've been tremendously ignorant about a number of things for the majority of my life. If you think I don't count among them, I'd say you're wrong, but I know this is a matter of degree.  I'm familiar with the phenomenon of "targeted individuals" because I was one. And I'm much better for it - so much better that I can scarcely begin to appreciate it. The implications of the change I've gone through are too profound for words and the implications staggering.

The only reason I can't see monitoring "the dim" is because of resource constraints, but I can also see this not being an issue. And you'd monitor the dim just like you'd monitor any node in a network. It's just about network modeling. I can imagine a network of satellites "seeing" every mind on Earth. You think anyone is going to be able to abuse existentially catastrophic technology (e.g. rogue bioweapons lab) in such a scenario? That's the main reason I propose this topic. Hacking potential also increases with technology with more potential for cascading effects. Hacking becomes a lot less of an issue when every "hacker" on Earth is having their brain watched. Who hacks the hackers? Well, someone probably better.

Would such monitoring not actually provide people with more freedom than they've ever had? At least hypothetically consider this. If it's known what everyone is doing, can't they be allowed to do more fucked up, crazy, silly, creative shit - whatever? Wouldn't it be okay for them to say or think a greater range of thoughts, since the memetic propagation of disruptive behavior could easily be curtailed? If it were the case we have decent people looking out for us, hypothetically, would we not want them to have this power as the ultimate freedom preserving tool?

We could have a much larger variety of people. We wouldn't need so much homogenization to keep people under control with common narratives and such. The internet provides so much subcultural potential that it's difficult to convey the profundity. Since monitoring would act as a measure, again, against undesirable memetic infection, more variety could be allowed (to use an expression of Stafford Beer).

Is anyone familiar with Beer? Basically monitoring would provide the technological variety needed to manage the mental variety of the population. It's because we don't have such tools (well, we do, lol), that freedom is as constrained as it is I conjecture.

Awesome Lovecraft quote by the way. Must have been awesome to be some of the first people to realize how vast the Universe was. Can you imagine having your cozy bubbled exploded into in an incomprehensibly vast Abyss? Well, that should probably be an occupation.

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 01:54:03 PM »
Also, what are those steering wheels in the photo?